Author Topic: New electronics for boat  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Eden

New electronics for boat
« on: March 03, 2007, 01:29:11 PM »
I am planning on updating my electronics this year and was wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions on what to go with.  I have a garmin B/W GPS now, but i would like to get a chartplotter in color.  I also have a Furuno fishfinder but am not too happy with it.  I was hoping to update both of them but do not know too much about the product.  I am happy with Garmins products and would most likely get another.         Is it better to get the chartplotter/fishfinder in one unit or to keep them seperate??  I planned on keeping them seperate but i also have a limited budget right now and dont really want to go crazy.  Any help or product reviews would be a great help.   Thanks in advance for any help

Offline catfish hunter

• Super Hero Member
Re: New electronics for boat
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 02:22:22 PM »
I got the eagle fishelite and I need to try it out before I tell you how I like it.I had it on my boat last year for a short while and it did the job

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 11:35:52 PM »
Eden

I have a Garmin 178C, it is a combo GPS/FF. It is my main GPS and backup FF, the FF read is from Good to Vgood............GPS is great has the blue chip which you can upgrade each year or when ever you want.........

My main FF is the Furuno 600 color, great unit, great detail........

I would suggest checking Consumers MArine Electronics Rt 34 in Wall. Best prices by far, you can go to store and kick all the tires or order online.

A little bonus, if you deceide to go with a Consumers Marine purchase, do it from MArch 16-18 (SAlt Water Fishing Expo) they offer an additional 12-20% off there prices on most units. You can order at the show or go to the store.

Last year I upgraded the GPS, FF and VHF saved an additional $400 buy ordering at the show.......hope it helps ;)

Offline Eden

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 07:04:15 PM »
great, thanks for the info.  I'll have to take a ride down there and check it out

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-