Author Topic: Sherman Lake - Ridin-Hy Ranch  (Read 6708 times)

Offline Irish_Hokie

• Full Member of the Den
Sherman Lake - Ridin-Hy Ranch
« on: June 27, 2010, 07:24:57 AM »
I am on vacation right now at the one place I fresh water fish each year, Sherman Lake at Ridin-Hy ranch. Our family with three boys has been coming here each year for 12 years. I wouldn't share the secret except the boys are old enough now that this could be our last year.

They have two lakes that are essentially private, one natural up to 30 ft deep and the other man-made and shallower. The fish are easy to catch because they get little pressure.
The natural lake has large and small mouth, sunnies, and pike. The man-made one has pickerel, sunnies, and largemouth.
Largemouth are usually in the 10-14 inch range. Maybe my largest one over the years was 18-20 inches. Smallmouth are smaller and less frequent, but much more fun.

The ranch has 4 row boats. I bring an electric motor for the man-made lake which allows only electric. They also have a dozen paddle boats and some kayaks which all can be used for fishing.

So that's my favorite spot. It works for young and older families. Horseback riding is included as is food. They also do water skiing. It's been run by the same family since the 1950s, and they are just great.

You can look it up in the internet. It is near Lake George which is an interesting place to take a charter.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Sherman Lake - Ridin-Hy Ranch
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 07:45:50 AM »
Good info.  t^

Don't be surprised when the 'older' kids start bringing their new families to that very same place in years to come.  chrz
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Irish_Hokie

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 08:40:25 PM »
I play a round of golf with a guest who has been visiting the ranch for 30 years. His son and grandchildren often visit with him. He is not the only one. We have met others who came with thier children.

I lost the weekly fishing derby to a 20 inch 3 1/2 pound largemouth. I only managed a 14.5 inch 1 lb 4 ox largemouth. Lots of fun though.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 08:58:40 PM »
Very Cool.t^  post a link if you have it t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-