Author Topic: Fishing for Flatties/Reel Fun Report 7/2 & 7/3  (Read 3608 times)

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
Fishing for Flatties/Reel Fun Report 7/2 & 7/3
« on: July 04, 2010, 08:46:02 AM »
A new body of Fluke seemed to have moved into our waters and provided my charters this 4th of July weekend with some solid action along with some real fat keepers for dinner. clp

On Friday the 2nd, I had a "open boat" charter with Tom Tanacredi and John, Fred Richardson and Bobby Brown, some new and past Reel Fun anglers for a windy but productive day where all the participants got in on the action to the tune of 51 fluke being caught. It was steady action right from the first drift with very few lulls in the action using primarily Spro bucktails and teaser rigs tipped with Gulp Alive baits. Although dragging baits was somewhat productive too, the Spro rig setup was by far the big winner today...........Great Job Guys! slt

On Saturday the 3rd, I had a really wonderful couple on board, Ralph and Gina, who are getting married on the 28th of August for a really fun AND productive day on the water. Although the day started off very slow at the spot I returned to for the 51 fluke, a few moves later and I had the two of them into some of the biggest fish of the year so far. Some really plump ocean fish from 2 lb's to a 4 lb'er that dear Gina bagged on a Peruvian Smelt and Squid combo.

Amazing how things change from one day to the next. Bucktails one day, dragging bait the next........go figure.
And congratulations to out to Gina for learning the art of fluke fishing successfully so fast as she was ahead of her fiancé Ralph about 6 fish to 1 before Ralph turned on the afterburners and caught up to her with a steady stream of "keepers". Way to go Ralph. What a great looking and gracious couple to have out on a beautiful Saturday morning. Good luck, good health and many years of wedded bliss to you guys. Stay in touch when you return from Rome.

Tight Lines,
Capt. John

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Re: Fishing for Flatties/Reel Fun Report 7/2 & 7/3
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 10:09:30 AM »
Way to do it Capt John!  t^ t^ String those days together.  The fishing has turned up a notch.  Only improvement from here on out. 

Hope those new ponies are treating you well!  Time to update your website.

See you out there.

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 12:07:31 PM »
Good point about the web site Jeff.....will do!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 12:19:49 PM »
 clp t^

Offline striperdad

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 10:02:43 PM »
Nice report and congrats to the newly weds to be. chrz

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 10:33:26 PM »
good report t^

Offline Capt. Don Sr

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 03:47:35 PM »
GREAT report  t^ trying hard always pays.Tight Lines CAPT JOHN.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-