Author Topic: Va Beach "Big Red Drum" On Course Style  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Capt. Scott S

• Capt. Scott Sinclair
  • Sponsor
  • Sport Fishing the Atlantic Ocean ~ Chesapeake Bay
    • VA Beach Fishing
Va Beach "Big Red Drum" On Course Style
« on: July 19, 2010, 12:23:39 AM »
Anglers:

Here is the unedited video from our last Chesapeake Bay Red Drum trip.

Steve and I have been friends since elementary school and back then we fished a lot together. Steve got in touch with me a few months ago after twenty plus years and said “Put me on some fish Scotty”! I told him to “Eat your Wheaties” the Atlantic is a little bigger than the DNR pond we used to pillage some 20+ years ago. So we set the date and set off for some pullage.

We arrive at the CBBT and our first task was to load the box for dinner for the Adie family. And we did. The day before Capt. Green and I found a huge school of Spadefish hanging on a stanchion on the bridge. The fish were turning on as soon as the tide slacked and rolled the jelly fish into them for a lunch style buffet. Well we found them again. Steve and Capt. Green filled the box in no time. These fish are amazing and I never get tired fishing for them. They fight, they are beautiful and the “TASTE GOOD”.  After the guys get their fix on the Spadefish I want to put Steve on something a little larger.

We sail down the CBBT and once the tide gets rolling again we set our lines. The “Kaylyn” is a perfect drifting pattern. We pick up a few under size flounder and the normal skates and then all “Hell breaks loose”. One of the Penn 550 starts screaming. As the rate the line was disappearing I first figured a large cobia has grabbed the bait on the bottom. Well let the video tell the rest.

Steve grabs the video instead of the rod and Capt. Green commences the “Fight”. 45 minutes later on 17lbs Test line. A “Bull Chesapeake Bay Red Drum” comes aboard. The fish was released alive to live another day. Steve got his action and Capt. Green got his first 54” Red Drum Citation.

If you want to fish, we still have some excellent dates available. Call me or send me an email to set up your next “Fishing Adventure”!

See you on the water!!!

Capt. Scott

Offline Capt. Scott S

• Capt. Scott Sinclair
  • Sponsor
  • Sport Fishing the Atlantic Ocean ~ Chesapeake Bay
    • VA Beach Fishing
Re: Va Beach "Big Red Drum" On Course Style
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 12:26:23 AM »

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 07:58:25 AM »
Nice fish.   t^
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 08:46:21 AM by Hotrod »

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 08:39:10 AM »
nice fish,looks like that net got bent a little t^   
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-