Author Topic: Tuna-Tic Report  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Tuna-Tic

• Tuna-Tic Sport Fishing
  • Sponsor
Tuna-Tic Report
« on: August 13, 2010, 07:23:20 PM »
We just finished the last 3-day trip of the year and it was just perfect.  We had great weather for trolling, jigging and chunking.  The first day trolling produced Longfin and Yellowfin in the 40 to 60 pound range and the first night produced hours of non stop jigging action with small Yellowfin on light tackle. We must have caught and released close to 80 fish  only keeping the larger Tuna.  The next morning on the troll, we got covered up right away with Longfin and put 4 more 40 pounders in the boat then caught and released 4 Marlin.  Two of them were hooked up at the same time.   Midday, we tried Tile fishing in the Carteret but the wind and tide made it hard to hold bottom.  After a couple of hours we threw in the towel and started heading back to the Tuna bite.  This night started out slow with only a few small Yellowfin before dark but around 3:30 the chunk bite was on and we had steady action right up until first light catching small, medium (30 lb) and large  (65 lb)  Yellowfin, as well as Longfin.  After sun up, we put it on the troll catching one more big Yellowfin and hooking up another pair of White Marlin.  We raised about a dozen Marlin in all and we boated and released 4 of them.  We had Mahi all around the boat on the second night but they didn't want anything we threw at them.

The guys on this trip fished very hard and in the end it paid off with a great trip that we will always remember.

Now let's hope the fish hang around and we all have a great year.  The only available Canyon dates left in August for the Tuna-Tic are: 17-18 and 23-24 or 23,24,25 3-day maybe?

I also have a make up list for the Canyon trips so if you want to go and don't have enough people let me know and I will call you when we have room. Just email me your name and number and I will call you when I have a spot for you.

Thanks, Captain Mike
www.Tuna-Tic.com
609-290-8900

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Tuna-Tic Report
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 07:44:45 PM »
Nice Trip Capt. Mike..

I love that Boat t^  and it's Abilty to catch fish t^
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 08:15:48 PM by Capt. Mike »

Offline Fishonw/Ron

• Sponsor
    • Custom Boat lettering
Re: Tuna-Tic Report
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 04:06:17 PM »
Sweet report clp

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-