Author Topic: Unbelievable Casting Abilities. . .  (Read 1540 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Unbelievable Casting Abilities. . .
« on: October 24, 2010, 10:35:55 AM »
It was amazing to watch these guys and gals reaching distances in excess of 800 feet.  Their equipment was out of this world.  Special rods in excess of 13' with reels  that were worked over with the precision of a race car.

These folks take their sport very serious.  All are fisherman that have taken a slight turn and applied what knowledge to this fascinating sport.

I will be writing an article once I get the full details on the outcome of the 2 day event.

There were contestants from all over the world.  Some as far as Australia and England I was told.  Plus many from different parts of the states from as far as Hawaii, California, Texas. North Carolina Maryland, New York, New Jersey, and some others I am not sure of but all in all it was a bunch of extremely friendly people.

If you can imagine casting over 2 football fields as an average cast with the majority going well over 700' and as far as 835'.  Like I said I am waiting for the results as from the looks of it the record might have been broken, we will see.

This group was very friendly to all outsiders and I felt right at home walking around with camera in hand snapping tons of pictures.  I will post a few later with the article.

Happy Casting

Paul

IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-