Author Topic: Raritan Bay reports, is it worth it?  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
Raritan Bay reports, is it worth it?
« on: November 20, 2010, 09:07:43 PM »
So with "Still Running" tucked away for the winter, I'm pondering pulling out the V20 and dropping her in the water for a day or night (or both  ;D )on the weekend after Thanksgiving.  I will not be rounding the tip in this boat, so I would definitely be confined to the bay.  I've been reading decent reports around Keyport, Cliffwood, and Union Beach in the Fisherman, but I've fished alot around there and haven't seen much action myself.  Are the Stripers still around in the bay, or is it just not worth it at this point?  I just feel like I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the season yet. 
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: Raritan Bay reports, is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 10:28:18 PM »
I wish I could tell ya if it is or not put it this way I haven't seen anyfish but crabbys and tackle box say there catching hmmm
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Mikelodeon

• Full Member of the Den
Re: Raritan Bay reports, is it worth it?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 09:01:40 PM »
I feel the same.
Have read some "successful" fishing in Raritan close my spot (Keansburg) but I didn't see something like that. I guess those charters say that in order to get you on their boat.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-