Author Topic: Another Q & A on Free Registry  (Read 2401 times)

Offline apmaurosr

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Another Q & A on Free Registry
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:46:40 AM »
What will the real cost be to do this registry? We already have people on the payroll at the state. Having to open a letter, email, or whatever and recording a name, address and telephone number to turn over to the feds will not be too difficult a task for them. You do not need a college degree to accomplish the task. Therefore, no added cost to hire many people to do this. I see this as being a part of a present workers job title.

If the B&Ts were to take on this responsibility as a convenience to the fisherman, then have the applicant of the registry pay a dollar or two the B&T for the convenience of doing this. Hence, no cost to the state in paying the B&T for their hard (?) work.

This would still keep the registry free to those who don't want to pay a 'convenience' fee to the B&T. The same is done if you want to re-register your vehicle with the NJ MVC, pay the normal registration with a $2 convenience fee paid to the site for their services. It is/was also done with the bonus tag for striped bass. Pay a convenience fee for online or free thru the mail.

I don't see an issue here.  5hrug
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:57:03 AM »
Stores that sell NJ hunting & fishing licenses are already equipped to have folks register.  All the state needs to do is add the app.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 11:07:04 AM »
I sort of figured that would be the case Bob, but it would have only been an assumption on my part and I didn't want to put that out as fact. Thanks for making that known.

If these people who want to throw money at the government would step back and think things out, maybe we could all get on the same page and fight for the cause.

We needed money for senior citizens and education. So, we started a lottery system for that and it pulls in more money than I will ever see in my lifetime and we are still hurting on both of them fronts. People think thowing money at the government for this will help?  5hrug
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline The dropoff

• Sponsor
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 01:26:14 PM »
I do not want your Opinion.     I want to see the NJOA do something productive for the fisherman they represent.

Capt. Fran Verdi
Francesca Marie
27' CC May-Craft

RFA-NJ Member

We are now on Facebook come and be a fan. 

"I am a Fisherman and that is what I am"

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 04:16:32 PM »
The 10% Federal Sport Fishing Excise Tax is a user tax on recreational sport fishing equipment. The monies are distributed among the Fish and Wildlife departments of all 50 states.

Case Closed...

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-