Author Topic: Sands Point Park & Boat Launch  (Read 57652 times)

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Sands Point Park & Boat Launch
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2014, 09:17:41 AM »
Looks great, live in Burlington, NJ; would appreciate driving directions to Sands Point Park, Forked River. Know how to get to RT9, The WAWA and Shop Rite.

If you are going south on 9 from Forked River. Past power plant after the last bridge take a left onto Bay Parkway. Stay straight onto Dock Ave. It will be on your left. Its about 1 mile from route 9.

Offline giff06

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2018, 08:29:13 PM »
Hi ,
New Guy here! I was at Sands Point to check it out and was wondering what you do to land any non gaffable fish at this spot. Big long handled net or try to lip gaff? Anyway ,great looking spot but I'll bet it gets crowded when the stripers and blues are there. Is night fishing OK there in the summer for weakies? Thanks in advance.
Ed

Offline Maritime Matt

• Sponsor
  • Maritime Skiff 20' Pioneer Pilothouse USCG Lic
    • TASKMARINE.COM
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2018, 04:21:56 PM »
Well after reading about this place and a friend using it, I was looking forward to checking it out. I stopped there yesterday. A few observations:
No sign outside the entrance letting you know that it is it. Its in a residential neighborhood.
The Bathrooms were locked. Really, why not have a port-a-john there til they open them for the season?
There are NO floating docks. You will need to tie off to a fixed dock and hope you and/or your guests can climb a fixed vertical ladder, ( A ladder that was bent in towards the underneath of the dock, probably from a boat, and the second one was missing altogether ).
I've been to ramps in Delaware, Florida and Murrel's Inlet SC and they definitely know how to cater to boater's and fishermen. This state just can't seem to do it right.
The rest of the facility was nice.

WWW.TASKMARINE.COM     Marine SERVICE, Parts & More

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2018, 06:12:16 AM »
Nice to hear from you Matt, it's been awhile I hope all is well. I have to agree after being to different areas of Florida, Pa. and Nj. both have a long way to go when it comes to catering to fisherman and boaters! if other states can do it there is no reason they can't do it up here!
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-