Author Topic: Riverview Park  (Read 13111 times)

Offline kayak1

• only at night
Riverview Park
« on: March 19, 2011, 07:52:23 AM »
Riverview Park is new to the area.....Its where the old hospital was in Point Pleasent Boro off River Road....... They did a great job on this park and made fishing the mouth of the North end of the canal easy to fish.....This is again a family park.......If fishing or just to take a nice walk......take a ride and check this spot out...

Kayak1
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline FishOn

Re: Riverview Park
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 12:42:26 PM »
 whs , but I'd like to add that there is a group of regulars who do not take kindly to loud, abnoxious, or inconsiderate behavior (ie littering). I'm sure the folks living in the million dollar condos adjecent to this park would like to see the park closed to fishing because of the few bad apples that inevitably spoil spots like this for everyone. The locals work hard to keep them happy and keep their grieping to a minimum. For a example, I have seen people throw sea lettuce on the walkway instead of back in the water. It drys and honestly does look trashy. The home owners complain about this. Please leave it as you found it if not a bit cleaner ( any spot for that matter).  grtn 
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline bugmannj

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 01:49:55 PM »
 whs It's nice that we have these places to fish,but we have to make sure that we leave it better than we found it.
This goes for fresh water locations also, it's unbelieveable what some inconciderate "outdoorsmen" leave behind. Empty bait containers, beer cans, monofilament and such. If you bring it in, take it out and than some even if it isn't yours.
Good things come to those who bait

Builds and repairs rods if needed

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 02:14:15 PM »
Very true guys.......I should have put that in my post.

This is one area that I even enjoy going just to sit by the water and relax.....The work to put this park in Point Pleasent took a good year.

The condo's are right there....so your fishing where people have to live.....Im sure if you respect the area and the park its fine.....if nothing else....just go and enjoy the day...its a site to see
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 04:40:12 PM »
whs It's nice that we have these places to fish,but we have to make sure that we leave it better than we found it.
This goes for fresh water locations also, it's unbelieveable what some inconciderate "outdoorsmen" leave behind. Empty bait containers, beer cans, monofilament and such. If you bring it in, take it out and than some even if it isn't yours.
whs I couldn't have said it any better Austin  t^
It is people like this that add to making coastal access rights an issue......reread what he just said and remember this is part of being conservation minded!

Offline FishOn

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 08:40:29 PM »
Very true guys.......I should have put that in my post.

This is one area that I even enjoy going just to sit by the water and relax.....The work to put this park in Point Pleasent took a good year.

The condo's are right there....so your fishing where people have to live.....Im sure if you respect the area and the park its fine.....if nothing else....just go and enjoy the day...its a site to see

didn't mean to hijack this thread. That park is nice and clean and the regulars there more than any other place I fish will confront those that break "the code". Not to pick apart your post Kayak, but I wish I "had" to live there lol,,,jk. Makes my little town home look like a garden shed :-\. Anyway, great spot to fish lots of room and access and a variety of species just about all year long. One of my regular stops btw so if you see a silver wrangler minus the wr stop and say hello
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline FishOn

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 08:50:54 PM »
also, its a good idea to bring a long handle net or pier net with you. There is a fence along the water line and it would be mighty difficult to swing anything with size four feet out of the water and then another four feet over the fence (same as the canal)

Offline FishOn

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 09:01:27 PM »
Was a circus here this evening. It's amazing what a single cell phone call from one of the bucket brigade did to this spot within an hour. However, it was fun watching my nine and a half month prego wife blast blues on topwater before we had a select few begin casting from behind us. Nothing makes you feel alive like a giant ava jig (totally unsuitable for this spot btw) wizzing past your head launched by 12 foot kmart special complete with closed face zebco :-X Sorry had to rant, I feel better now   ;)

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 10:07:33 PM »
Sorry to hear about the inconsiderate actions of others.
But....sounds like you got into the kinda action we've all been waiting for. 

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 10:10:36 PM »
 whs
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 10:15:24 PM »
 TT^ grtn
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline FishOn

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 12:04:00 AM »
Sorry to hear about the inconsiderate actions of others.
But....sounds like you got into the kinda action we've all been waiting for. 

it wasn't that bad of a mugging, now that I sit back and think about it.  We had our fun for a bit and didn't want to ruin our mood by getting pissed off and have a situation escalate. Plus the sporadic bite there was died with the tide change
so we were getting ready to leave.  Ignorance with weighted hooks zinging past my head is not cool though. smk   

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 12:15:44 AM »
Nothing makes you feel alive like a giant ava jig (totally unsuitable for this spot btw) wizzing past your head launched by 12 foot kmart special complete with closed face zebco :-X

I know it sucked for you, but that's a great visual there! ;D t^

Offline FishOn

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 01:05:28 AM »
The funny part for me was having to keep my wife calm and not having her kill someone.  Saw the first sign of mama bear  ;D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:29:47 AM by FishOn »

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 04:23:16 PM »
Dito for the Spy House Pier Monmouth County. Port Monmouth cove Jettys not to leave out the ares along the shore line in Oldbridge Raritan Bay.
Cliffwood- on north. where the regulars have made it unfriendly and sometimes Hostel. to visitors young and old.  smk smk smk smk

Offline FishOn

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 06:24:09 PM »
Dito for the Spy House Pier Monmouth County. Port Monmouth cove Jettys not to leave out the ares along the shore line in Oldbridge Raritan Bay.
Cliffwood- on north. where the regulars have made it unfriendly and sometimes Hostel. to visitors young and old.  smk smk smk smk

Reread the posts overbite. River park, the place this thread is about, is a great family spot with great folks that fish it regularly. It's the visitors that come in and disrespect the place by littering, drinking, pissing all over the place, and crowding you out of your space. Weekends from memorial day to labor day is out of the question for me as are daylight hours.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 04:42:42 PM »

Reread the posts overbite. River park, the place this thread is about, is a great family spot with great folks that fish it regularly. It's the visitors that come in and disrespect the place by littering, drinking, pissing all over the place, and crowding you out of your space. Weekends from memorial day to labor day is out of the question for me as are daylight hours.

Must of missed this one Fishon I was giving a comparison a parallel, comparing one spot mentioned to another. no need to reread the post. Cheers chrz 

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-