Author Topic: NJ Fishing Locations , Mantoloking Bridge  (Read 190928 times)

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
Re: NJ Fishing Locations , Mantoloking Bridge
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2012, 06:58:54 PM »
Winter flounder hot spot  ;)

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2013, 12:12:21 AM »
How did this spot hold up during the storm? I haven't been down there since the summer but I've seen pictures of the area and it wasn't good. Anyone been here recently?

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2013, 07:28:23 AM »
I drive over the bridge daily its not not same at all.....Its not just that the homes are gone on the East side.....But the water around the bridge is not the same.

The East side of the bridge had a depth of 3-4 feet of water.....Today you can walk around or under the bridge with knee boots and not get wet.

Plus all 20 homes that are gone are now in the water under the bridge.....The water is clear and you can see things everything......Its not just the homes in the water its everthing that was in the house and garage that's in the water.....

Its something you really need to see.....entire homes just sitting in the bay like the one on Lyman ave in Mantoloking......The entire house with the deck still on it.....sitting 150 yards off the land in the bay.

There are a couple Lagoons that where 6-8 feet deep that are filled in with sand.....No water just sand......Docks you can walk around.......Its Bad.

Kayak-1
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2013, 08:06:48 AM »
 nosmly

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »
Ehh not good  nosmly

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2013, 12:37:40 PM »
Sucks thd

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2013, 03:21:17 PM »
that was one of my fav spots to fish at night:(

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2013, 06:10:34 PM »
I would recommend you just take the drive from Point Pleasant down Rt.35 to Seaside.

You can see all the pictures you want....But to see it with your own eyes its mind blowing.

The Island was my home for 48 year's and I drove Rt.35 to work for the past 30 year's.....There is not much along the ride to work that looks the same.

From the water its even more upsetting to see.....lagoons with boats that cant exit because of the sand that filled in.....docks with no water around them.....boats sunk.....cars in the water....areas I fished with the yak I can walk and not get wet.....

The coast line has changed.....The water way has changed.....The beach has changed....The entire landscape of the Island has changed...

So as for fishing as we knew it back in the fall and in year's past.....Has changed.

I'm looking forward to fishing to get my mind off the rebuilding of my home.....The problem is where ever I look its all the same.....A real mess.

Kayak-1
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2013, 08:31:35 AM »
 thud nosmly thud
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2013, 01:56:31 PM »
Is everything open to the public down that way?

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2013, 02:47:15 PM »
Many of the side streets are still closed off from Bay Head down to Mantalokin.  Police cars are positioned along many streets but if you want to get a real feel of the devastation you do not have to go down the side streets.  It is not the same and in my mind will never be the same. 

Like Dave mentioned, the bay has been altered and will probably stay that way for many years to come.  I live in Toms River and have been up and down Rt. 35bv many times and I still can not believe what I see. 

Many will ride past areas that they have seen in the papers but, unless you live here the devastation is so surreal it is almost non comprehensible.  I know many people that can not even find their homes let alone pick up the pieces and fix up.

If I get a chance this week I will take some more shots of some of the fishing places to show you all what Dave, Kayak-1 is talking about.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2013, 03:13:47 PM »
Thanks Paul, that would be great. I guess we got off pretty lucky here up north.

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2013, 04:06:27 PM »
just found this link.  It's images for the bridges security camera during Sandy
http://www.app.com/viewgal/?Site=B3&...&Ref=PH&Item=0

Offline xperksx22

« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2017, 10:58:33 AM »
Has anyone fished the Mantaloking Bridge recently?  Wondering if it would be worth anchoring up and trying for blackfish on the bridge pilings.

Offline papraz

• Տորթեր
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2017, 11:26:13 AM »
I would recommend you just take the drive from Point Pleasant down Rt.35 to Seaside.

You can see all the pictures you want....But to see it with your own eyes its mind blowing.

The Island was my home for 48 year's and I drove Rt.35 to work for the past 30 year's.....There is not much along the ride to work that looks the same.

From the water its even more upsetting to see.....lagoons with boats that cant exit because of the sand that filled in.....docks with no water around them.....boats sunk.....cars in the water....areas I fished with the yak I can walk and not get wet.....

The coast line has changed.....The water way has changed.....The beach has changed....The entire landscape of the Island has changed...

So as for fishing as we knew it back in the fall and in year's past.....Has changed.

I'm looking forward to fishing to get my mind off the rebuilding of my home.....The problem is where ever I look its all the same.....A real mess.

Kayak-1

Thanks for good advice

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-