Author Topic: Avalon Fishing Report  (Read 212763 times)

Offline gregman1069

• Just two guys fishin!
Re: Avalon Fishing Report
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2008, 10:18:19 PM »
Heeeeeeeeeeellllloooooooooooo NJSWF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just wanted to check in and say hey...HEY! Okay that's done, see ya soon. HA-HA! I'm not out on the jetty yet but I'm getting ready. I got a good story for ya. I'm working the other day and I go over to one of our houses where the framing crew is. One guy with three Honduran guys as his crew. One guy is giving me the business about not catching much and his buddy is out everyday and is catching more than he knows what do with. I say "Good for your buddy. Tell 'em I said(insert finger jesture of your choice here). He points to his lunch and starts laughing. I look at his dish and he's got a striper al nice and hot and buttered. YUM! THE FREAKING THING WAS 14" LONG!!!! I told him I'd catch fish everyday too if I kept the illegal stuff. He looks at me like "What's the matter" I said he better eat it and get rid of the bones. He better hope no one finds out about it and if I see him with another little fish, I'll call whoever it is I would have to to bust his friend.(If it would even be possible.) When the other guys actually saw what he had, they started giving him crap about it too. I honestly don't think he knew about size limits and he is generally a good guy but man that ain't right. Oh well, that's the only story I have right now, hope for some more later.
I think I could be a really good people person if wasn't for the people.

I'm not catching any more fish, but I'm starting to learn why I'm not catching any more fish.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2008, 10:31:22 PM »
Good story, keep them honest Gregman.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2008, 02:40:36 AM »
I'm sure many People are ignorant to the limits.. everything else is in Spanish  but not our fishing regulations..

Offline seanr8w

• Can't Cast..Can't Fish.. I guess I Caught a 22
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2008, 07:33:22 AM »
Hey Greg,

I am new to this forum, but I also am a South Jersey boy with a need to fish. I would love to hear about some spots to try that you think a worth a shot. I read your prior postings. It sounds like you and I are in the same boat....which , Ironically enough, is "no boat". Keep in touch and tell me some hot spots, I would surely appreciate it!
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

Offline gregman1069

• Just two guys fishin!
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2008, 08:34:20 PM »
Welcome to you sir! I'll be happy to share my hot spots with you ... just as soon as I find some! Keep checking back. I'll try to get my lines wet soon and hopefully I'll have something to share. At the very least, it may be a good story.

I'm not catching any more fish, but I'm starting to learn why I'm not catching any more fish.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2008, 11:41:50 PM »
Great work guys with this thread.  loads up #2 and 3 in google..  Note the 2545 views t^

Offline gregman1069

• Just two guys fishin!
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2008, 09:34:12 PM »
Thanks Rod. Just think what could happen if we said something worth reading!!!! rofla

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2008, 11:52:03 PM »
You will just give it time.  No one is doing anything to speak about yet.

I was out at IBSP today and I got skunked but conditions will only be getting better, hang in there

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Joe D.

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2008, 10:42:41 AM »
I'll be in CM this weekend fishing the rocks for tog. Hopefully I'll have something to report.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2008, 11:00:51 AM »
Good Luck, keep us posted.   TT^
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Joe D.

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2008, 04:17:05 PM »
Fished with a buddy at the rocks in CM on Saturday. Caught about 10 tog with 6 being keepers. The keepers were all around 3-4 pounds. All caught on green crabs. We would have had our limit, but our sacraficial weight that was anchoring us out of the back of the boat came undone and we lost it so the boat was swinging too much. They all had tiny mussels and asian shore crabs in their bellies.

Also caught a fluke to 15" on green crab and all the spiny dog fish you wanted on clam  >:(.

Offline seanr8w

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2008, 08:09:25 PM »
Well, I hit the beach for a little surf fishin on Saturday, but to no avail. I stuck it out for a couple of hours, and then shot down to Longport to see if I could pick something up from the Jetty. Once again, I got nothin but some fresh air. This time however, there was company. There were about a dozen or so guys on the Jetty, all havin the same luck as me. So Far
       Fish.....4
       Sean.....0      bngh 5hrug
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2008, 08:23:28 PM »
Just an early season slump that you will soon be out of.  TT^

Offline gregman1069

• Just two guys fishin!
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2008, 10:00:22 PM »
Whatcha gonna do brother when the blue are runnin wild on you? The 2008 gregman fishing season is off to a BLUE start. Let's go back about a week. I'm at work on Tuesday setting a front door that's worth only slighty less than my truck. My boss and the investor are right next to me when I get beeped on my two way. One of the guys from the other crew is telling that "they're catching some big ol blues over here. Just thought you might like to know." This was about 10 am. My boss and the investor look at me like I have a dOck on the end of my nose. I'm way too busy right now for fishing. So I work till about 8 pm fixin stuff the other guys messed up. I've been doing this for about two months. Thursday our tile guy beeps me and says (read with a HEAVY Puerto Rican accent) "Hey boss, we go fitchin?" This was at 9:30 am. While the other guys were hinting at going after work, I think Juan actually wanted to go at 9:30. Can't go, too busy. More fixin. Monday (yesterday) I get more bad news, more for me to fix. I say fork that. 6 pm rods in the truck, over behind one of our houses and don't you know 45 minutes later I'm puttin my bucket with three freshly caught blues in my truck. Now this is where it gets funny. I spent the next hour driving looking for a fillet knife. I have one. A nice one. At home in PA. My boss keeps his in his 15' Boston Whaler. I checked the house where my boss keeps his boat docked. Nothing. They have been there for two years. Now I need them and they're not there. I called my boss. He tossed his over the weekend because they were shot. I sat outside another guy's house calling his cell. Nothing. So I get out my trusty pocket knife and I scaled, gutted, and beheaded my three trophies. They were between 14 - 18", two of them actually being 18". Nice thing about Blues, they're like billy goats. As long as they're biting, they'll take just about anything. So it was a good night that had me laughing. My knife is actually in my fresh water box. I don't really fish fresh water. I've never caught anything in fresh water other than a catfish and some sunny's. And that was year's ago. I thought I'd take my boy and show him how to fish for trout. Only problem is, somebody has to show me first. Oh well now it's on to the stripers!!! chrz

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2008, 11:32:39 PM »
Good story.  The stripers have been very spotty up here on IBSP but they should be in your area first as zI am hearing of some of the other boards.

Keep that rod handy their on their way.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2008, 11:50:39 PM »
Nice read Greg, thanks.  t^

Offline seanr8w

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2008, 12:05:19 PM »
Sounds like a fun 45 minutes! Where were you fishing at?
Steven Wright

Offline tiwanicki

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2008, 10:52:07 AM »
Good to hear from the Southern End, I also am going to try and report at least weekly from the Townsends inlet area.

Offline gregman1069

• Just two guys fishin!
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2008, 08:58:25 PM »
For the new guys, I work in Avalon and fish behind one of the houses we just built. Back in the cul-de-sac on Flamingo. I normally am out on the 8th st jetty or behind one of our houses. I am stuck on dry land. My boss has a 15' Boston Whaler that I am free to use anytime. I don't have my boater safety course yet. Little pricey right now. If I now they're biting, I'll go under the big bridge on Avalon Blvd.

Offline dapbmw

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2008, 09:42:42 PM »
gregman,

can i go fishing with you when i get there this july. i have not fished in the jersey shore for more than 10 years. see i ended up moving here to toronto, ontario on a company transfer. i grew up in north jersey but settled down in ventnor, eht area in the mid 80's to 2000. i tried fresh water fishing here and it was hard at first as fresh water fish are kinda smart especially pike, trout, salmon and muskies. so i am raring to go fishing when i get there.

dave

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-