Author Topic: Avalon Fishing Report  (Read 212384 times)

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
Re: Avalon Fishing Report
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2011, 05:02:36 PM »
Won't be long now.  Just gotta pray for sunny skies.  Nice try today.  Bet it felt good to just get out there and toss.  t^
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2011, 07:22:23 PM »
Went out back behind the main bridge in to Avalon on the incoming high tide with bloodworms and got skunked. Moved to the 8th street jettey with clam to see what was around...nothing. haha just had to get out though. after that 70+ friday my fishing bug started acting up. oh well, few more weeks...

the drastic water temp (about 38*) drop in recent days put a damper on things. The good news is there are reports of a big school of bass down in cape may making there way up. A buddy was out today on a charter and everyone limited out.

A tip for you:  Try the outgoing tide next time  t^

Offline Dloat

« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2011, 11:56:17 PM »
Thanks for the tip, I'll definately give it a try. I have some friends down by the point, might have to give em a call!

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2011, 07:35:51 AM »
Won't be long now.  Just gotta pray for sunny skies.  Nice try today.  Bet it felt good to just get out there and toss.  t^
t^ whs t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline Coach G

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2011, 01:47:52 PM »
Hi Greg,

Great post.  clp  Thanks for the interesting fishing report.  t^

Offline patopwater

« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2011, 02:21:51 PM »
finally managed to get a weekend off work and couldn't think of a better way to spend it than some fishing. weather has been rough but headin down the 8th and 9th hoping to hook up to a little something in the area. hopefully put out a good report

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2011, 02:39:30 PM »
Good luck.  let us know.. and wa

Offline Dloat

« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2011, 12:51:54 AM »
2 skates off the jetty yesterday on bloodworms. Hey, they're fish right?!?

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2011, 08:42:50 AM »
2 skates off the jetty yesterday on bloodworms. Hey, they're fish right?!?

Yes, they are! Good Job!
Any sign of life is a good sign  t^

Offline fryedbeans

« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2011, 06:32:08 AM »
thats right,a po mans scallop!

Offline Dloat

« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2011, 10:44:30 PM »
Tog are on the jetties, green crab!

Offline downtheshore

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »
Hello All, New to the forum.  Found this site looking for Avalon reports.  I'm heding down July 1st through the 10th and a few more times throughout the summer.  Any reports for the Jetty?  Also wondering about chances for catching kingfish or other fish in the surf in early July?  Thanks in advance
That's a nice Fish

Offline downtheshore

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2011, 02:37:48 PM »
Got out on the Fourth of July from 9 pm until 2 am on the jetty and also tried a jetty in Sea Isle.  Fished the incoming  to outgoing high tide for kingfish.  Managed 2 very small sand sharks. 
That's a nice Fish

Offline Likeacrow

« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2012, 03:53:35 AM »
reports are good.

Offline popps

« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2012, 11:22:33 AM »
Im new here , I too am in Avlon  ( really Swainton) just outside Avalon. but I go to Avalon to the Public fishing wall at 80th st. every Wed. , so far all I've gotten there is small bass , a couple crackers  and last week I must have gotten at least 6 sand sharks , so whats up with that.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2012, 04:26:09 PM »
Not bad for the bay!  Sure they are sand sharks 5hrug?

TT^

Offline HookedupND14

• Sponsor
  • Full Member of the Den
« Reply #156 on: November 19, 2012, 12:47:26 PM »
So it seems like I'm one of few in the lower portion of the state on this here forum. I'm thinking of starting an Avalon Fishing Report thread and posting my goings on, funny stories, and general bits of sometimes useless info. Would it be well received? I guess I could have just started it without all this, huh?

Last night on the 8th St Jetty ( from here out refered to as "the jetty") Imust have caought a school of small blues just as the tide started to move in. I caught about 6 - hooking 2 in the side as I was reeling - and put them all back. I know it wasn't the same fish 6 times because I caought them on the inlet side and released on the beach side. The hit everything. Bubblegum sparkle Fin-s, spoon, white shad swimmers (I forget them product name-Tsunamis?) I even pulled a Rat-l-trap out and caught on that. I had to, they were eating the tails off my soft bodies. The guy behind me didn't see me catch one fish but his wife, who I think was forced to be there, did. He didn't catch anything and he was changing lures every two casts. At one point he looks at me and says "Man, it's a tough night tonight ain't it?" I just laughed as his wife rolled her eyes and went back to being bored sensless. He was fishing the beach side and the funny thing was, you could see the fish rolling on the surface gorging themselves on baitfish. THOSE fish wouldn't take anything! I would've helped the guy out, but everytime I came over to that side he kept crowding me like I was on HIS jetty. I made sure to keep about 15' between us but I guess he still wasn't happy. It was a good night and for once I got to walk off the jetty with my head a little higher and a bit more spring in my step. I'm going on vacation next week so I won't be able to add anything after this weekend. Hopefully I have some good stories from Wildwood. I'm taking my boy for a few firsts this year-saltwater fishing, on a boat, maybe I'll find a jetty in WW, maybe I'll take him to 8th St in Avalon. Until next time, may your lines be tight and your coolers full!

im right there with ya ,  Sea Isle City
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:53:54 PM by Hotrod »

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2012, 05:54:02 PM »
 t^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2012, 07:34:41 PM »
 msfsh pcrn
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline HookedupND14

• Sponsor
  • Full Member of the Den
« Reply #159 on: December 11, 2012, 02:40:36 PM »
Nice report , I haven't done much out front on the boat in a couple weeks .   We had at most 3 bass on average per trip.  Mostly shorts 25-27 " .  I thought at least we'd see some blues out there , but none , not much bait either ,    Heard the del. bay has been incredible , 

Non the less good report

Tight lines

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-