Author Topic: Avalon Fishing Report  (Read 212388 times)

Offline gregman1069

• Just two guys fishin!
Re: Avalon Fishing Report
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2013, 11:18:27 PM »
I'm still heeeeerrrrre!!! Working on 114th in Stone Harbor. Right on the point. The guys at work caught 11 croaker on Monday and put them in a bucket of water. Today one guy decided to cut it up for bait!! In a bucket in the sun for almost 3 days!! PHHHHEEEEWWWW!! Seagulls in New England could smell that!! He swears its still good. Pretty sure there's gonna be an " accident" tomorrow and the rest will end up in the bay! The same nut left a container of squid inside the house with no AC over a 90 degree weekend. He just keeps loosing credibility as a fisherman.
I think I could be a really good people person if wasn't for the people.

I'm not catching any more fish, but I'm starting to learn why I'm not catching any more fish.

Offline striperdad

« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2013, 03:51:18 AM »
 t^

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2013, 06:56:11 AM »
 t^ grtn

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2013, 10:24:12 AM »
 TT^

Offline gregman1069

• Just two guys fishin!
« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2013, 05:30:51 PM »
Caught my first croaker this week!!! Youda thought I was 7 years old when I heard the thing actually croak!! One of the "old timers" who are constantly fishing this spot said we ought to bring in a grill and have a fish fry for lunch one day. I'm all for it! From the water to the grill....you can't get any fresher!!! I guess we just clean them up and and toss 'em on? Thoughts...

What's "too small"?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 05:31:48 PM by gregman1069 »
I think I could be a really good people person if wasn't for the people.

I'm not catching any more fish, but I'm starting to learn why I'm not catching any more fish.

Offline bucktail8

COREON INLET REPORT
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2016, 12:46:58 PM »
Plenty of short fluke in Corson area with occasional keeper .4-5" sea bass will drive you crazy

Offline bucktail8

« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2017, 07:10:35 PM »
Only been on this site a few days and not sure I am thrilled with it BUT I fish a little north of Avalon and today in the wind with my friend Pat we got 15 Blues up to 29" but most were 19-22" .Quit on Blues and went looking for Fluke before the tide started out against the wind and found 5 fluke including one over 18 and another 20". Plenty of fluke around and have been catching them since 2nd week of April BUT most of them will be on their way back out to spawn by the time the dumb season opens   Delaware gets a 365 DAY season but this side of Delaware Bay gets little over 100. Can you spell STUPID ?  >:(

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #167 on: May 12, 2017, 07:32:24 PM »
Thanks For the Report t^  and.. :headscra:

Offline EagleAye

« Reply #168 on: May 30, 2017, 01:03:26 PM »
Fished Saturday from 7-12 noon.  Water temp was 61-63 degrees. Had 1 fluke right off the bat but it was only 17.9 inches so back in it went.  Thought we were going to have a great day and proceeded to catch nothing for the next couple of hours.  Made couple moves and finally found some willing to bite but only 1 keeper in the bunch and then we got covered up in bluefish.  Ended the day with 1 keeper fluke and 9 blues up to 6 pounds.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #169 on: May 30, 2017, 04:45:33 PM »
 t^ ......  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline EagleAye

« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2017, 04:36:43 PM »
Fished on 6/3 for blues in the back bay with my brother. Nice morning out there and great fishing. Caught about 30 and kept 7 fish up to 12 pounds and dropped at least 2 bigger ones next to the boat. Awesome fishing on poppers in as little as 2 feet of water.

Sunday i did a solo trip for fluke and it is was totally different results. Fished from 3-17 feet of water from 6-11:30 and only got 8-10 shorties to the boat. I lost one keeper reaching for the net and a possibly a couple more. Water temp was 66 at the top of tide and 70 at the bottom. Fished mostly bucktails and gulp. The guys that were doing good with keepers seemed to be using minnows on top and bottom rigs. Of course I didn't bring any minnows.

Back at it next weekend. With some minnows on board!!!

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2017, 10:42:39 PM »
Thanks for the report t^

Offline EagleAye

« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2017, 11:43:01 AM »
Sorry for not posting for a while, but it's been crazy at work.  12 hour days for the last month in a warehouse with no AC.

Anyway, got out for a couple of open boat tuna trips on July 4th and July 9th.  Fishing was really good on July 4th with over 20 bites and 5 yellowfin making the box from 40-60lbs.  We lost 2 boatside as well.  One somehow made a Matrix move and jumped off the gaff and snapped the line and the other broke the hook before we could get a gaff in it. July 9th was slower but I caught my personal best 100 pound bluefin.  What a fight! We had on other bluefin make the box, around 60 pounds.  We broke off 2 others.

Fluke fishing has been pretty slow for me but I did get out solo for a couple of hours this past saturday and put 2 in the box out at the reef. Sunday was just tough fishing for me, my brother and dad.  A couple short fluke and short sea bass was it for us.  Drift speed at the reef was about 1.5 knots so I back trolled to keep us fishing near the bottom. Should have gone to the next reef north as I heard the drift was much slower there and a few fish were caught.  Hopefully I'll be back out there this weekend.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-