Author Topic: Governor's Surf Fishing Tournament...Oct 2, 2011  (Read 2217 times)

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Governor's Surf Fishing Tournament...Oct 2, 2011
« on: August 08, 2011, 06:20:29 PM »
Received this email from NJ DEP Division of Fish and Wildlife...

Mark your calendars and get your registrations in now for the Governor's Surf Fishing Tournament! This year's tournament is scheduled for Sunday, October 2 at Island Beach State Park and marks the 20th anniversary of this popular family event.

The tournament offers participants an excellent opportunity to learn more about the sport of surf fishing, while enjoying a fun day with family and friends. Anglers can also feel great about the use of their registration fees, as all funds raised are used for very worthwhile purposes. These include the purchase of specialized wheelchairs that provide the disabled and elderly beach access, surf fishing instruction programs and equipment, marine education and restoration efforts, and surf fishing access.

The individual who catches the overall largest fish wins the "Governor's Award," and has his/her name engraved on the Governor's Cup, which is permanently displayed at the park. Fishing equipment is awarded to winners who catch the largest fish in a variety of species and age group categories.

Anglers planning to participate in the tournament should register early. Doing so entitles you to save on the adult registration fee, be eligible for special prizes including an early entry raffle for a surf rocket: , and avoid delays when entering the park. The early entry incentive ends September 10, 2011. After this date, anglers will be required to register at the tournament.

The pre-registration fee for the tournament is $10 for ages 18 and up and the registration fee on Tournament day is $15. The registration fee for ages 13-17 is $5 and registration is free for ages 12 and under.

For more information or to download a registration form visit http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/gsft.htm .

The Governor's Surf Fishing Tournament is sponsored by the DEP's Divisions of Fish and Wildlife and Parks and Forestry as well as the NJ Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs, the Jersey Coast Anglers Association, and the New Jersey Beach Buggy Association.

Tournament anglers may be asked to verify their compliance with the New Jersey Saltwater Recreational Registry Program. If you have not already registered please make sure you do before hitting the beach the day of the tournament.

Registration is quick, easy and free. Anglers simply need to log on to http://www.nj.gov/dep/saltwaterregistry/ and follow the instructions on the page.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:27:13 AM by Hotrod »
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Governor's Surf Fishing Tournament...Oct 2, 2011
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 07:48:21 PM »
As usual I will be working the event as a judge.  I need another hat...LOL

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 08:49:36 PM »
No More Hats.  wear your shirt..

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 11:55:49 PM »
The hats are dated which is cool.  Last year it was cold, wet and miserable surly jacket weather.  Hey why don't we have jackets???
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 07:53:48 AM »
call up daimen from abc's (shark tank) and tell him we want to launch our own NJSWF clothing line  TT^
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 11:26:26 AM »
This thing has fallen on my work day every year.  This year I planned to take off to attend.  Figures, I have a trip to MTK that weekend.   5hrug

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 10:04:42 AM »
The hats are dated which is cool.  Last year it was cold, wet and miserable surly jacket weather.  Hey why don't we have jackets???

Who needs a jacket when you have a great NJSWF Hoodie? 

I hope to win and get my name on the cup one day. Imagine that.  It is a beer cup right?  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-