Author Topic: Roosters Flukin 8-12  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Peterooster

• Peterooster
Roosters Flukin 8-12
« on: August 12, 2011, 06:54:21 PM »
Just before 7AM Tom and I left our slip at Atlantic Highlands Marina heading for the Sandy Hook Channel, the bay was flat with a slight breeze to make for a comfortable ride. Tom set us up for the first drift near buoy #7 as we waited for the tide change with wind and tide together. I started out with a 6oz sinker, Tom with a 3oz, as it was almost drop and reel fishing for 17" Fluke. After landing a few Sea Robins Tom went to work producing killer strip bait. #7 can gave up one keeper for me as the tide kicked into high gear. Staying on the green side of the channel we drifted out past #3 while I landed a total of three keeper Fluke to 19" and Tom was off his game with one keeper. Strips, Killies and Gulp© all worked well, but the shorts were wearing us out.  Pete
PETE  (°_)°)

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
Re: Roosters Flukin 8-12
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 01:38:54 PM »
Nice report.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
Re: Roosters Flukin 8-12
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 04:33:42 PM »
We fished around that generally area on friday tons of shorts.Good fishing tho.
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-