Author Topic: "Ever Enough" ocean today cant get any better then this!  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
"Ever Enough" ocean today cant get any better then this!
« on: August 23, 2011, 11:41:40 PM »
Well here it goes nts.We left middletown 9:30am in route to Chris's landing(red bank) to do crabbing/test ride 2 check out our fuel/water problem slt. Arrived at 9:30 only to find 2 to 3 feet of water 5hrug,no way will we put her in that muddy water(altho the crabbn is awesome and my woman wanted to go crabbing very bad)sorry baby! 5hrug I tried!

We then went to Atl.Highlands to go fishing t^.We headed straight to our spot near buoy #7 sandy hook Chanel(11:30).As we always do,we got killies and squid.Michelle(Michy) uses a pink feather with a Killie/squid combo,I use a green feather with a Killie/squid or,robin/fluke strip (shh) look it up! chrz

The winds were right as was the drift and we had them as fast as we could feed them cfzd.We had a nice pick all day,We also had NO PROBLEMS WITH THE FUEL/WATER CRAP guess the work we did payed off clp chrz!We hit them hard near the #7buoy alot of keepers a few shorts this time.We released 18"+ fish ,alot of them,kept what we will eat.

We also experienced a weird sea  5hrug. Waves out of nowere, swells approx.4-6 feet with a Huge heave, and waves from the north south east and west all at once,then it was over?? ???What we didn't know was the earthquake in VA. happened.Maybe just maybe we dodged the bullet this time grtn.

Anyway we are back in the hunt for the doormat of the year.We will search the open ocean till we get the one that got away...... chrz

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:01:37 AM by Hotrod »
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
Re: "Ever Enough" ocean today cant get any better then this!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 11:54:44 PM »
 chrz chrz ill post more pictures tomarrow"(if i did it rite) im to beat 2 even think. thud thud thud thud
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:02:17 AM by Hotrod »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 05:50:24 AM »
 t^
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:01:18 AM by Hotrod »

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 10:44:31 AM »
 t^ 
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 11:06:10 AM »
Nice reporting t^

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 05:34:33 PM »
Here is some pictures of our tackle,I use the green feathers with a 16" leader,Killies/ squid,robbin. Michy uses the pink feathers with a 2 foot leader,Killies/squid only! We been using these rigs all year so far all is good.

We did get some new ones just in case.I figured id let you all know how and what we fish with.
   Our spot is along the hook channel between buoy # 5 and 7 green side. There is a nice piece of real estate with awesome structure.

This trip we did make a run to the ambrose chanl. and with our rods we use we needed alot of lead and a lot of line out! So after a worhtless 2 drifts we ran back to the hook and shortly there after we cruised back to port.

Cant wait to get out again but with this storm we have to really be picky as to when we go,No fish is worth it!!!!

Happy fishing!!!! chrz
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:10:12 PM by offshore madness »

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-