Author Topic: NJ Fishing Locations, South Pier Seaside Heights  (Read 53456 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
NJ Fishing Locations, South Pier Seaside Heights
« on: August 03, 2007, 01:16:01 AM »
Hi All,

The South Pier at Seaside Heights is worth a try.  It is a moderate sized pier that T's off at the end.  There is plenty of fishing and crabbing room to stretch out except on the weekends.  Come early to claim your spot and stay all day long.

The Pier is maintained by Seaside Heights and has plenty of on site parking. 

There is a Bait & Tackle shop on the premises  called The Dock Outfitters that opens up at 6:00 AM and closes at 10:00PM.  There is also a restaurant that serves up a mean hamburger in case you forgot your lunch.

This spot is easy to get to simply head east on Rt. 37 and stay to your right after the bridges.  You will see a modern looking building on your right. Just pull into the parking area and have a blast.

FYI, they also rent boats from 16' to pontoon boats as well as waverunners.  If it gets too hot, cool off in the water there is a small beach there for your pleasure.

Google maps:
http://www.google.com/maps?q=Seaside+Heights,+NJ,+USA&ie=UTF8&ll=39.939982,-74.080532&spn=0.004541,0.011662&t=h&z=17&om=1

I hope you enjoy this pier.  Tell them you saw it on njsaltWaterfisherman.com

Thats NJ Saltwater Fisherman . Com

Happy Catching

Paul

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 05:39:11 PM by Pfishingruven »
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Devndeb

Re: NJ Fishing Locations, South Pier Seaside Heights
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 10:22:31 AM »
I have stopped by "The Dock" on numerous occasions for bait and tips...Both are readily available from a knowledgable staff. The grill is OUTSTANDING and worth a stop. While crabbing is the target of most of the Docks clientel, you can also catch Blues, Stripers, Weakies and Fluke there. I give the dock.... t^ t^!!!!

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 05:07:33 PM »
Thanks for the report.

I have been on both and you can't go wrong either the North or South piers.  Give them both a try especially if one is busy and crowded slide over to the other one.  There are actually two piers on the north side of the 35 bridge so you have your pick.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 12:48:54 AM »
Hi All,

The South pier has not much going on as I have not seen anyone out there till yesterday and hav not heard of anything being caught there either.

The Dock Sider looks like it opened not too long ago so give it a try and post your info.  I am always looking for input.

Happy Catching

Good Luck this season

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline irenegade

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 08:54:28 PM »
Any fishing reports/updates anyone?
My folks live in Tom's River and I visit pretty often.  Memorial Day weekend I checked out Seaside Heights/Park and the A.C. Jetty.
Thanks!
Jeff
One day I'll have a photo of me and my 1st Striper up instead of this cat.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 11:05:32 PM »
Hi irenegade,

I live in Toms River also on Duchess Ct.  Maybe one day we could hook up and take a trip out to IBSP.  That is the premier place to fish in this area.  Right now the boat rentals are just getting things in order to open for business.  The new parking area is all finished and it looks great, all ready to go.

Not to many out there fishing it just yet mostly locals sunbathing at this time. Give it a couple of weeks and things should be popping.

If you want to give me a call I am listed in the Contacts forum in the Members Den.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline jimb

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 04:01:51 PM »
Hi Paul and Sean,

I'm a new participant on this web site.  I just retired and didn't fish much due to demands of my job.  I'm looking for a fishing pier that is members only.  When I was in this area years ago, I remember reading about a pier where you pay to fish, but I forgot about it.  I intend to spend time on open boats, but most of my fishing will be off piers.  Any info you can give me is appreciated.

Thanx,

JimB

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 04:11:26 PM »
Hi Jim.. Welcome to the site.  I believe the SeaSide pier is private.  Not sure .  someone here will help you.

Nice to have you aboard.

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 06:28:20 PM »
welcome jimb keansburg has a pier you pay to fish also seaside hts. good luck on your retierment
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 06:31:13 PM by Uncle Luna »
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 12:00:00 AM »
Welcome Aboard jimb,

If you are talking about Seaside Heights there is a good pier at the north end of the board walk ocean side, it juts out quite a ways and is usually pretty productive.  The entrance is on the north side of the pier and it will run you I believe $10.00 per pole.

That is the only pier in Ocean County that I know of on the ocean side.  There are many smaller piers on the bayside that will cost you to get onto usually a weekly badge or a sticker on your car to enter the parking lot.

But there are free piers on the bay side that will produce as well one in Seaside Park and two in Seaside Heights.  They are mentioned on this site.  Plus the Mantalokin Bridge pier which you have read about here.

I hope this helps.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline bunkerrman

• Wayne Bunker
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 08:38:49 AM »
Just a new guy here and wondering if night fishing is allowed on the pier? Thank you and tight lines. Wayne Bunker
I pay for the pleasure of fishing through taxes and time. I enjoy the fresh air, the fellowship of anglers and sometimes watching others catch is more enjoyable than catching myself.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 10:07:07 AM »
Welcome grtn!

Yes, the pier is open 24/7 and you can fish and crab any of those times.

Good Luck and enjoy!

TT^

Offline bunkerrman

• Wayne Bunker
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 09:23:51 AM »
Thanks Phishin. I appreciate it. May have to see if my Bud, Chris wants to do a small drive to the south from LB.
I pay for the pleasure of fishing through taxes and time. I enjoy the fresh air, the fellowship of anglers and sometimes watching others catch is more enjoyable than catching myself.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 12:07:26 PM »
Good luck, if you get down here to give it a try.  The success of this pier is the deeper water surrounding it.  There is 8-12 feet of water in this area and the deeper water runs under the small Pelican Island Bridge through to the north side.  Lots of channels through this area with the shallower water dropping off into deeper water.  I have waded out in the water next to the pier and fished with decent success.  This is one of my favorite Bay fluking spots, although mostly shorts, and also a nice night time weakfish hole in the late summer and in the spring a nice striper spot.

Off the pier they get all types of species of fish.  Last year they had small black drum, lots of croakers and kingfish around this time so...

TT^ 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 04:20:22 PM by Pfishingruven »

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-