Author Topic: Shark River or Manasquan River  (Read 5862 times)

Offline sea nymph

Shark River or Manasquan River
« on: August 08, 2007, 11:00:25 PM »
I want to take my son out on our boat for a day of fishing next week.  I'm thinking either the Shark or Manasquan for his first time.  Which one would be the better choice or would we be wasting our time?  It sounds like all the fish are being caught in the ocean?  I want to try and keep him busy as Kids have very little patience. We're going during the week to avoid as many knuckle heads as possible.  Any advice would be helpful!

Offline Capt. Ed

Re: Shark River or Manasquan River
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 11:11:06 PM »
Hi,

The Manasquan River!

There are plenty of Bluefish and Fluke to keep you busy.

The fish have not all left the river.

I will let Capt. Anthony (Angela Rose) and Capt. Allen (Reel Class) weigh in as they fish the river much more than I do.

I know for fact from excellent river fisherman that they are still on the fish at the mouth of the canal, near the buoy near the golf course, near the railroad bridge to name a few areas.

Thanks,

Capt. Ed

Ruger314

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 11:14:59 PM »
if your looking for a head boat go with Gambler in Pt.. he's great with Kids or..Capt Cal in Shark River, or the Catherine!! been years since I've been on party boats but remember good times on all!!

my. 2cent

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 07:59:04 AM »
Hi Sea Nymph.

Welcome to the site! 

They'll hook you up.  Hang tight t^

Rod
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 08:01:47 AM by Hotrod »

Offline bukman

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 08:35:17 AM »
If you have your own little boat, go into the Manasquan River. As previously stated there are LOTS of fish to be had. If he's a little guy, he'll even have fun with the many sea robins now in the river. They do pull hard on light tackle to kid's enjoyment. Use a 3/4 oz BT w/killie or squid, better yet, Chartreuse Gulp, IF you can get it!!

Offline Reel Class

• Sponsor
    • Reel Class website
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 04:22:13 PM »
The Squan is loaded with fluke, and some nice keepers to boot.  Stay W of the 35 bridge, work the channel edges, in on the tidal flats, and hope you have good conditions.  Wind + tide or just tide is the trick.  It seems incoming has been better for more quality, however there are a ton of fluke to be had either way.

Anywhere E of the 5 is paved with birds, however there are some fluke on the edges in there as well.

Capt Allen
Reel Class Charters
Point Pleasant, NJ
www.reelclassfishing.com
(201)248-5281

Offline sea nymph

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 05:33:07 PM »
Thanks for all the advice!!!  Any more tips would be great!!!  My son is getting very excited and can't wait.  I just hope the weather stays nice.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 05:42:57 PM »
I'd re-bump the topic the day before you go out. I'm sure ( even through Private Message) the boys can really get you close to the fish.

And to help get your boy a Fish ( something he'll remember for a life time...Priceless!!!

Don't forget the Camera t^

Again!.

nice to have you aboard!

Rod

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 07:18:51 PM »
Hi Sea Nymph,

The fish will be moving around a bit as they will start to stage for the run out into the ocean.

Here is an offer ... I live right near there ... give me a call (732) 859-1212 and I will take you out into the river or ocean.

I have not fished the river much this year as the boat traffic and nutty drivers make me head to my happy place, the ocean. Any day except Wednesdays.

If that does not work, you can call me the day before your trip.

Do you have a place to launch your boat?

Capt. Ed

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 07:52:53 PM »

Here is an offer ... I live right near there ... give me a call (732) 859-1212 and I will take you out into the river or ocean.
Capt. Ed

One of the many things that makes this place (and Ed) so great.   TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-