Author Topic: Party Boat Atlantic Highlands 8/9/07  (Read 5377 times)

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Party Boat Atlantic Highlands 8/9/07
« on: August 09, 2007, 05:37:06 PM »
I ran all the way up to AH cause I heard the fluking was hot up there.  Well I finished with two keepers and a half dozen shorts.  Pool winner was about 2 1/2 lbs.  Nobody had a limit.  It picked up towards the end of the trip but we ran out of time.  Not a great day (fishing wise).  But I don't get out all that much lately, so it was nice to feel something tugging on my string!!  ;D

BTW, are party boats exempt from using fluke strips for bait?  The mates on the boat I was on were handing them out to some of the "regulars". ???

Offline vespo

Re: Party Boat Atlantic Highlands 8/9/07
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 05:47:25 PM »
I did a fluke trip from AH on a party boat earlier this week- it was hit or miss, a lot of shorts, only 2 keepers for me. There were two fairly big fluke competing for the pool.

Bait of the day was sand eels and squid. The only guy who was getting consistent hits was using live bait (snappers and killies). My day would have been better if I got a good set on the two or three that ran off with half my bait- can't help jumping the gun sometimes...

Anyway, the real problem seemed to be that there was hardly any wind, so the drifts were so-so, not much you can do about it but use your technique to the best of your ability, and go out another time when the bite is better.

Wonder if you had the same problems I did with the wind?

Vinny Esposito
---------------------
When your boss tells you to skip work to go fishing, it's time to shut up and fish!

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 05:49:24 PM »
First off, nice report.  And it is always a good day of fishing, it's just not a good day of catching.

Next, no, the party boats are NOT exempt from the fluke strip regs.  If they get caught they will pay the price.  I don't understand why they would take a chance of ruining their reputation for a few regulars who would come back day after day anyway.  Conservation and State Police-Marine Division do put officers on the party boats as fishermen.  They will watch and take notes.  At the end of the day the party begins for them.  TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 06:43:49 PM »
 TT^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Ruger314

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 11:14:57 PM »
Looks like a call needs to be place to fish and game!!!

I hope the guy is a member here..who's aCo is paying attention!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 11:18:35 PM »

I was under the impression that they are exempt from the fluke belly regs. since they are allowed to clean fish at sea.

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 10:17:16 AM »
Hi All,

Using fluke belly in NJ waters is forbidden.

I have been fighting about this since they started letting the Party Boats fillet at sea.

The intention of the permit is to have the fish fillet done before docking, not to let their Customers break the law.

This practice, as Capt. Joe stated, is wrong.

Capt. Ed

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 01:52:10 PM »
I was pretty sure that wasn't right, but I didn't say anything at the time (since I really wasn't sure). 

Personally, I think the ban on fluke belly is silly.  If the racks are kept then you should be allowed to use them.

Your thoughts? 5hrug

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 01:54:22 PM »
The way it is going you won't be allowed to catch Fluke so using Fluke bellies you can't get won't be of concern..........

Just me being facetious   ;D ;D ;D

Never could understand people taking a chance like that when you run a business,  5hrug

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-