Author Topic: First Boat Research / Info Needed  (Read 48421 times)

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: First Boat Research / Info Needed
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2011, 04:47:11 PM »
I some what agree with  whs ..We trailer our boat and dont find it a hassle at all.. one every one has to load their boat, a bit easier on land. both need fuel cheaper on land by far!
 As for launching..we pay, undo strap, back down ramp, unhook boat from trailer,start motor , drive off, simple and easy take us 5 minutes from the time we pay till im parking the truck. We just reverse it when we pull the boat out!

Plus the boats safe in our driveway and i can tinker with it any time i want.. chrz

you use WE.. but what what if it was just you.  I enjoy the slip because if I choose to go solo, its the only way to go.  I don't have to depend on a helping hand to launch and load..
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2011, 04:50:19 PM »
I was hoping that it would be a great starter boat. Thanks for the encouragement this thread was scaring me a bit. Still second guessing but we'll see.
Capt Matt from Task Marine usually sells older, working boats at a great price.  He won't steer you wrong since he is the one that works on them. 
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2011, 05:21:31 PM »
yeah i kinda have to agree... even when i had my smaller boat (25') i really wouldnt have wanted to launch it solo on a regular basis...theres nothing better than driving to marina getting on the boat and your gone....and if you get into boats with larger beams (over 8'6") launching and retrieving is a real bear and you need a REAL truck to move it around. I keep mine at a slip because i live an hour away but....if i lived 5 mins away id still keep it at a slip  ;D ....if you cant afford a slip you cant afford a boat  ;D ;D
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2011, 06:18:15 PM »
I use we cause were a team! chrz, i could easy do it all by myself. I think if the boat is 25 or bigger yes a slip wood be better but were 17 so tecincally i could throw this boat around  rofla

When we do upgrade i will be taking that in consideration.
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2011, 06:21:29 PM »
Don't let the conversation here deter you from getting a boat.

Most of the guys posting about this are STILL boat owners.  ;D That has to tell you something.  TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2011, 06:38:13 PM »

Most of the guys posting about this are STILL boat owners.  ;D That has to tell you something.  TT^

LOL very true its a love hate relationship.... but if you can afford it...do it you'll love it....just dont do what i do im a compulsive upgrader
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2011, 06:47:44 PM »

I grew up with boats t^ had one all my life. Just bought our own {me&michy} boat this year. Already looking to upgrade,{crap i also got that upgrade fever} chrz.

There is nothing better then heading out to sea with cool people for a day of fishing. Its a great hobby and sport to be in as long as you can keep it within your budget....... chrz
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline CBass

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2011, 10:40:49 AM »
Thank You for the Capt Matt tip. I do think I would like to stay in 17' range to start. Center Console for sure. I'll give him a call! Thanks Again

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-