Author Topic: Reel Class Fluke 8/11  (Read 4398 times)

Offline Reel Class

• Sponsor
    • Reel Class website
Reel Class Fluke 8/11
« on: August 11, 2007, 06:30:51 PM »
Had David Quinn charter the boat, coming all the way from Arizona to join his buddies from PA, Rob and Mal.

Sloppy ocean, we elected to stay inside again today.  Started off at the top of the tide right outside Clark's, and picked away at loads of shorts and some birds on killies, FRESH spearing, and chartreuse gulp.  Made lots of shifts through the old channel, on the flats, off the doghouse, and near the #7 and #5 and in the Jamaica hole.  Same thing everywhere, shorts and birds.  Drift was weird w/ the NE wind, had a nice slide as the tide started going out but we had movement throughout.

Decided to make a move at around 11 to fish the Will's hole channel, and it paid off right off the bat with 2 quick keepers taken by Rob.  Mostly fluke caught in there, but no more keepers, again loads of shorts.  Power drifting in this tight spot helped a lot.

Finished up the day in the back again and in 2 drifts put 2 more keepers in the box.

Overall for the day the boys boated something like 75 fluke, with only 4 making it to the box, plus countless birds.  Tough day, great crew to fish with, along with Kenny who did a great job helping out today!

Capt Allen
Reel Class Charters
Point Pleasant, NJ
www.reelclassfishing.com
(201)248-5281

Offline Kevin

• Sponsor
Re: Reel Class Fluke 8/11
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 06:37:04 PM »
nice cathes alan! anothony was out there too, i couldnt, i had to work at the bait shop >:( but sounds like it was a decent day, are you going out tomorow? were headin for a bluefish trip.

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 07:38:47 PM »
good job capt!!

ALOT of shorts in the reports lately.
There is water at the bottom of the ocean- David Byrne

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 08:17:47 PM »
Good job.  I too have been catching a lot of short fish all of a sudden for some reason.  Better than catching the skunk.   TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Reel Class

• Sponsor
    • Reel Class website
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 09:12:12 AM »
Guys, I think the fish are starting to move, and are starting to move in a hurry.  Typically later in the season in the back of the river we start seeing all of those "micro-fluke" and that's what its starting to look like now.

Some nicer fish E of the train bridge, but there is no doubt that the fluke are on the move.

Kev, my charter postponed for today b/c his bud's couldn't make it, we're doing a bass trip in November.

Capt Allen
Reel Class Charters
Point Pleasant, NJ
www.reelclassfishing.com
(201)248-5281

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 09:16:52 AM »
With 30 days left in our fluke season, lets all hope that we don't get hit with a hurricane/tropical storm/nor'easter which in years past as sent the fluke out in a hurry.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 04:03:35 PM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-