Author Topic: LADIES WELCOME!!  (Read 110663 times)

Offline fishinfool

• Facebook Page
LADIES WELCOME!!
« on: August 12, 2007, 11:14:55 AM »

Hi,

I'm fishinfool (female), moderator of the Skirts, Heels & Reels Forum On NJ Saltwater Fisherman.com

I'm trying to reach out to your ladies Friends / Girl Friends and Wives to come and join me, we have our very own fishing forum "Skirts, Heels & Reels."  The NJ Saltwater Fisherman site is the friendliest and most knowledgeable site around.  I have been on-board a little over a month and have met some really great people; always willing to help you out and give great advice. So if you want to talk Fishing or anything else.  Stop by, sign up and become part of this great group.

Hope to hear from you ladies soon!

Fishinfool.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 11:27:20 AM by Hotrod »

Offline New Josie

Re: LADIES WELCOME!!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 03:24:33 PM »
Hi,

What a great site you have going.  Although I am not a fisherwomen.  I do enjoy your site.
Unfortunately I can't take to the water if the boat is not moving I get (seasick). 

However thank God my son and husband are very sea worthy and my son Younggull is often on the site.

Thanks for welcoming the women who do enjoy fishing.  I myself am a golfer.

Josie

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 03:58:55 PM »
nice to have you, and yes. YOUNGgull is ALWAYS on here with his great catches.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 07:20:30 PM »
Welcome to the site Josie.  Yup, guys post on this forum too.   TT^  But no need to get you alarmed, it's all good.  Any questions, just ask away. 

If you get seasick there are some posts about remedies for that.  There are also some posts about fishing from the shore.  One of the members, Ped, is doing a great job on finding and reporting shore based fishing spots.  You may want to try one of them out.
Oh yead, FOREEEEEEEEE.  I chase the stupid little white ball around at times myself.   TT^

YoungGull has put some posted some nice catches on the site.   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline fishinfool

• Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 12:11:08 PM »
Hi,

What a great site you have going.  Although I am not a fisherwomen.  I do enjoy your site.
Unfortunately I can't take to the water if the boat is not moving I get (seasick). 

However thank God my son and husband are very sea worthy and my son Younggull is often on the site.

Thanks for welcoming the women who do enjoy fishing.  I myself am a golfer.

Josie

WELCOME :)

Offline twin lights

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 09:31:03 PM »
welcome aboard

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 02:27:48 PM »
Hey all,
 I consider myself very fortunate to have two wonderful parents that supported me in all my outdoor activities.
 Also I am thankful Ma took lots of pictures of many of my catches(not just fish)as I grew up........She even let me skip a day or two of school to do a little extra fishing! :-*
 As a kid Ma would take me fishing when Dad was @ work........That was great!
SOund like a kid only a mother could love! Welcome aboard Josie t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline gregman1069

• Just two guys fishin!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 10:32:50 PM »
Howdy Doo! I have posted in skirts, heels and reels and am proud to say so. I think you're gonna have a lot of fun here.
I think I could be a really good people person if wasn't for the people.

I'm not catching any more fish, but I'm starting to learn why I'm not catching any more fish.

Offline KMLIG

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 07:03:37 PM »
Hi - I've been fishing freshwater since I could hold a rod. I turning to saltwater now that I live in Monmouth County. I know nothing about fishing the shore or rivers but I'm learning a lot from this forum.

At this point I'm happy just to be on the water and am not particular about whether I'm catching blues, fluke, bass or bait fish but I have a feeling that will change with experience.

I have to say shopping for rod, reel, lures, etc has been overwhelming but the information on this forum has helped a lot.  Looking forward to learning more from you. 
Karen
"Attitude is Everything"

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 07:27:58 PM »
Welcome KMLIG!  Saltwater is fun and has LOTS of opportunities and species of fish to catch.  Don't give up your freshwater though...there is always down time in the seasons, weather or activity and freshwater can fill in those gaps nicely ;D.  You get the best of both worlds.  Saltwater is not all that different from freshwater either.

What type of saltwater fishing are you looking to do?  Back Bays, Rivers, Surf, Boat, etc...??

Lots of great people here that will help in any way they can.  There is usually always someone here that can answer your question and help in some way!

TT^

Offline fishinfool

• Facebook Page
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 07:55:05 PM »
 slt WELCOME  slt

Offline KMLIG

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 07:57:53 PM »
Thanks! No, I'll never give up my favorite lake.  My mother and father still live on it and I pull out my gear nearly every visit! t^

I will probably do mostly river and bay fishing. Since my hubby doesn't fish he's happy to just be out on the boat, and we live in Middletown so the Navesink, Shrewsbury and Raritan bay are all a few min away.  When the weather is right we'll even venture out into the ocean but probably not too far off shore.

I've been looking at Avet SX reels and found a St Croix rod that looks pretty good. I'm a spinning person so the conventional set-ups are a bit daunting to me but after all my reading on forums I get the feeling conventional is the way to go.

For spinning I have an older Shimano baitrunner 4500 (I think) that I'm going to clean up and will pick up a rod for some lighter tackle river and bay fishing.
Karen
"Attitude is Everything"

Offline brijones1

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 08:13:09 PM »
Avet reels are great!  Match them with a chaos rod and your golden.  My only spinning setup is for throwing metal at blues and snagging bunker.  Welcome to the site  grtn
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 09:05:37 PM »
A lady who knows what she wants.  slt  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 06:44:59 PM »
Sounds like you got it all covered!  Good luck this coming season.  Lots of opportunity in the Bays/Rivers to catch fish or even close to shore out front.  Look forward to your reports.

TT^

Offline bunkerchaser

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
Hi, I'm Bunkerchaser.
I female that likes to fish, boat, etc.  I have no issues with baiting my own hook, even though using bait is cheating min my book.   ;D

So far i like what I see on thsi website.

Anyone have any updates?  I have heard that the fish are slowly coming out there in the bay areas.... 

Hopefully the water will warm up soon and we can have at it with those stripers!

Become one with the Bunker :-)

Offline fishinfool

• Facebook Page
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 12:31:34 PM »

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 12:34:25 PM »
welcome bunker chaser.. There are a few here that may need help netting them though.. LOL..
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 01:42:20 PM »
 grtn Welcome to the site  grtn
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 06:12:21 PM »
Welcome chrz

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-