Author Topic: Luna Sea's quick Report, Sunday 8/12  (Read 11309 times)

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Luna Sea's quick Report, Sunday 8/12
« on: August 12, 2007, 04:16:42 PM »
Early morning provide tons and tons of peanut bunker in the AH marina.  Loaded up with fresh bait.  Went to the Ambrose to only pick up 1 keeper, sharks and robins.  Boat traffic started picking up so I decide to go down to my old reliable spot down the beach.  Manages blues, and 2 more nice keepers, 24" and a 22".  There was no drift so had to make my own..  Thought it was going to be a really good day, but Uncle Luna wasn't feeling well so we headed back and got to the slip by 10:30am.  A few more hours could have provided some nice fish as the keeper to short ratio was looking really good.

I plan on making another trip during the week if anyone is interested in joining me.  OPEN BOAT FOR TUESDAY - FRIDAY.   All week looks like 90 degree weather and flat seas.  Send me a PM if anyone is interested in a trip.  I am still looking for that really productive long day fluke trip.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline captmatt

Re: Luna Sea's quick Report, Sunday 8/12
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 04:32:24 PM »
Hey Nick , seen ya heading in this AM , I was drifting the Red side of the SH channel 

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 04:53:40 PM »
Nice Catch Nick for a short trip t^  Soon I will  be banging elbows with you, Well unless were fishing to close to each other t^

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 05:38:06 PM »
Hey Nick , seen ya heading in this AM , I was drifting the Red side of the SH channel 
yes, i saw you also, i saw your post.. Nice catch..  It was a beautiful day out there, it just seems like every trip I make turns out to be short due to things out of my control..

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 05:39:24 PM »
Nice Catch Nick for a short trip t^  Soon I will  be banging elbows with you, Well unless were fishing to close to each other t^
Rod.. Let me know if you want to join me during the week at the hook.  I won't be down your way until Sept. when all my summer tenants leave. 

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 07:06:05 PM »
nice report nick! hope uncle luna is feeling better soon. t^

can't wait for the striper run on your boat ;D
There is water at the bottom of the ocean- David Byrne

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 07:20:17 PM »
nice report nick! hope uncle luna is feeling better soon. t^

can't wait for the striper run on your boat ;D
i hope we have a good striper run this fall..  the last couple of years, spring seemed a bit better..  With the short Fluke season, the target for fall stripers will be more excessive this year.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 07:25:21 PM »
yeah I can't wait! hopefully between your area and my area we will have a good run! I only want one for the dinner table and the rest can go back to crushing bunker. TT^

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 09:19:13 PM »
 w0w Nick A week old baby at home and the wife is letting you back out on the water already you must be SPECIAL ;D To bad about Uncle Luna it was a nice day to spend on the water :(
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 09:24:50 PM »
yeah I can't wait! hopefully between your area and my area we will have a good run! I only want one for the dinner table and the rest can go back to crushing bunker. TT^
1 for the table for me as well, but I do want one for the wall.. it has to be a 40 lber or larger..  wishfull thinking..  What part of the water are you in. 

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 09:25:27 PM »
Nice job Nick.. short day or long day, those are nice size fluke.  Would like to get out during the week with you but just missed a week of work. Have to stay on pace for a little now.  t^

Hes by Little Egg im pretty sure.
Tuckerton.

That fish to put on your wall Nick would cost about 700$. LOL

Fish On
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 09:28:15 PM by Luna Sea 3 »
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 09:27:47 PM »
w0w Nick A week old baby at home and the wife is letting you back out on the water already you must be SPECIAL ;D To bad about Uncle Luna it was a nice day to spend on the water :(
Yes, my wife is great like that.  She never bothers me when it comes to my hobby.  I even went down there last night and slept on the boat.  My little on, 1 week, sleeps through everything, so I am very lucky. My daughter is very well behaved also, at 1 year, she will sit and play with her toys.  If there is a problem, my mother lives very close which also give me the piece of mind when I go on the boat.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 09:33:42 PM »
Nice job Nick.. short day or long day, those are nice size fluke.  Would like to get out during the week with you but just missed a week of work. Have to stay on pace for a little now.  t^

Hes by Little Egg im pretty sure.
Tuckerton.

That fish to put on your wall Nick would cost about 700$. LOL

Fish On
The last time I got my barracuda mounted, it cost $7.00 per inch.  I don't care what it cost, a trophy is a trophy.. 

If he is in Tuckerton, then I will down that way early September.  I have renters in my house at the time.  September is when I load up on the blue claw crabs....

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 09:37:07 PM »
What is your favorite way to eat them ? Someone showed me how you tear off the shell while its alive or something, then clean it out, dead mans legs/arms, etc. then freeze it. But you cant boil them after, either sautee them or something else. Not quite sure.

5hrug

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 09:41:40 PM »
What is your favorite way to eat them ? Someone showed me how you tear off the shell while its alive or something, then clean it out, dead mans legs/arms, etc. then freeze it. But you cant boil them after, either sautee them or something else. Not quite sure.

5hrug

Fish On
I don't freeze them unless its for a crab sauce.  When you freeze them, the meat will stick to the shell.  I like them anyway, steamed, boiled, and my secret recipe.  Everyone who tried them my way said that they don't want them any other..

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 09:46:44 PM »

[/quote] I don't freeze them unless its for a crab sauce.  When you freeze them, the meat will stick to the shell.  I like them anyway, steamed, boiled, and my secret recipe.  Everyone who tried them my way said that they don't want them any other..

[/quote]

You want to tell me that Secret recipe ?  TT^ TT^

Fish On

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 09:50:19 PM »

I don't freeze them unless its for a crab sauce.  When you freeze them, the meat will stick to the shell.  I like them anyway, steamed, boiled, and my secret recipe.  Everyone who tried them my way said that they don't want them any other..

[/quote]

You want to tell me that Secret recipe ?  TT^ TT^

Fish On
[/quote] I grew up crabbing since my parents had a house on the lagoon in Manahawkin Beach Haven West.  Crabs are my life.. my altimate favoriate food.

Like the picture, clean them and line them up on a tray...  salt, pepper, garlic powder, then in the center of the cavity, fill it with breadcrumbs and graded cheese, and then add a piece of butter on the top of it..   put in the oven or on the grill until they turn red... 

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 10:01:41 PM »
1 for the table for me as well, but I do want one for the wall.. it has to be a 40 lber or larger..  wishfull thinking..  What part of the water are you in. 

little egg/beach haven. you'd get off the pkwy at exit 58 and it's about 20 minutes from there

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 10:05:22 PM »

little egg/beach haven. you'd get off the pkwy at exit 58 and it's about 20 minutes from there
  I know exactly.. I have a house on W. Schuylkill Road in Little Egg Harbor..

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 10:09:39 PM »
Very nice place. Looks like someones relaxing on the hammock in the nice weather  TT^

Fish On

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-