Author Topic: Roosters Flukin 8-12  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Peterooster

• Peterooster
Roosters Flukin 8-12
« on: August 12, 2007, 07:03:29 PM »
Tom and I went to the ocean looking for a keeper Fluke this morning. Left the slip at Atlantic Highlands Marina 6:45 AM and headed out to Marker#7 in the Sandy Hook Channel. We caught the last of the incoming tide and sat till the tide started out, 4 oz. of lead held bottom quite well until 10:00 AM. There were many large Sea Robins landed, which is Tom's favorite strip bait, and he has been know to bring some home for dinner. None for me thank you. Only short Fluke were caught as we drifted out as far as buoy #5. Killies and strips working very well. Tried the bay for some keepers but none were found, a big skunk for Tom and me. There were very few crabs on the pilings back at the harbor and someone helped themselves to most of our Killies in our floating bucket at the slip. PETE (°_)°)
PETE  (°_)°)

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Roosters Flukin 8-12
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 07:18:57 PM »
I was down last night at the harbor and someone also wiped me clean out of killies I had in the saver.  I had a quart full, now gone and I wasn't happy. 

All the crabs on the piling were gone because the docks were crowded last night for some reason, everyone was makeing there rounds.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Roosters Flukin 8-12
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 07:46:06 PM »
With the price of killies you have to put an armed guard on your killie buckets nowadays. 
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-