Author Topic: Kayak Report Week Of November 12th  (Read 3446 times)

Offline kayak1

• only at night
Kayak Report Week Of November 12th
« on: November 14, 2011, 06:09:38 PM »
well had vacation last week and had the chance to get out every night last week....fog,wind and rain....didn't stop my kayak from being put in the water.

started off the week with some nice Bass fishing in the bay with the fish in the 30" range......Yes all on Yellow plugs.

The full moon played a big part in the week because the light from the street lights didn't have the same shadow line as if the moon was not out.....Sounds crazy.

Then came the night with the fog on Wednesday or Thursday night.....WOW talk about some thick fog.....Thank God for GPS.

Friday I was talked into fishing the beach....Yes... I did fish from land....because I was told the bass fishing was red hot.....I did catch bass up to 28" on the yellow super strike..... Not fun and the fish seem small.

Friday night was at the local bait shop and saw bass after bass being put on the scale 28" 29" and even a 32" fish.

Saturday night the clouds came in and the moon was gone.....Bingo this was the night for the yak to hit the water....High winds from the South South West with rough water.
The lights had the shadow I have been looking for all week.....

I was only in the water for like a minute....I didn't even get 5 feet from land and the first big fish came clean out of the water..... I put down the paddle and picked up the rod....Fish on !!!!!

I the started to paddle out to the first set of lights.....The shadow line was the best I have seen all week with no moon.....and that's where the feeding zone was for the rest of the night....

Fishing with a great friend Saturday night we had a total of 8 bass from like 10 pounds up the 25 pounds in a couple hours...and we lost just as many if not more.

For those who continue to drive over the bay to get to the ocean....wade out to the sand bar....Throw a Ava a country mile....and to catch those little fish.....I just don't get it..... I hear they are all shorts and no keeper size bass around this year.....Well you drove over the Big bass to get to the little ones
in the ocean.

I will never be able to fish the entire bay myself.....Its just way to large of a body of water for me and my yak....If you want a big fish....stop fishing the ocean in the fall....There are a hundred street ends and docks in Ocean and Monmouth county
that have street lights....Find the ones that have bait fish.....The bass will show up.
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
Re: Kayak Report Week Of November 12th
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 06:14:02 PM »
Excellent reports along with some hot action. Some good times im assumeing. clp clp clp
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline captainbailey

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 06:14:45 PM »
Words of wisdom guys! Fish those shadow lines

Great report Dave  t^
Z

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 06:18:32 PM »
Great reporting clp

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 06:35:59 PM »
 TT^ Nice week
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 10:56:04 PM »
Nice job Dave! t^

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 06:28:12 AM »
Thanks guys......Hope this will help some of you on your next trip out.

Happy Fishing
Kayak 1

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 03:05:13 PM »
 t^  Nice going Dave.
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline FishOn

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 04:11:57 PM »
Great report. I've been doing well in the bays rivers this year. What kind of bait are you still seeing back there? I haven't seen any bait around the past couple of trips.
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »
In the back Bay the bait fish consists of small bunker, spearing, snappers, spot and best of all Baby Flounder.

This is what makes Back Bay fishing so much fun.....Is the amount of bait in the water at this time of year.

The ocean is loaded with sand eels....So the bass are chasing one bait....In the back Bay they feed on everything that swims.....Plus when they hit the bait its for keeps....The don't let go to often.

The real crazy thing about all the areas I'm fishing right now.....Is that I'm so far from deep water channels....I stay in water that is 2-4 feet.....That's it.

Enjoy!!!
Kayak 1

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-