Author Topic: Catch Shares  (Read 30865 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Direct from Florida
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2011, 01:51:26 PM »
Direct from Florida:
Regardless of how Catch Shares may be sugar coated, catch shares are the privatization of a national resource, OUR, not NOAA's, fish. Catch shares are being heavily indorsed by the head of NOAA, Dr. Jane Lubchenco, PEW & EDF. PEW & EDF were created, and still a function of, big oil. Dear Jane held a high ranking position with EDF, and accepted a large PEW "Fellowship" Grant. PEW does absolutely nothing without expecting a huge return on its investments. Both are radical, to a point, anti-fishing organizations. However, with the projected billions of dollars to be stolen from us, by selling us back our fish, Lubchenco, PEW, & EDF will, with the onset of catch shares, suddenly announce that our fisheries have made a miraculous recovery. Gosh! isn't it wonderful what big $$$ can do. And guess who is in the middle of all of this? The Walton Foundation, better known as Walmart. Walmart has already donated over $30,000,000 to EDF to be used in the push for catch shares. Walmart will be one of the first to "sell" us shares to catch OUR fish. Under catch shares, No Shares, No Fishing! Our "Friend" Walmart is expecting profits in the billions, at our expence!
As can be easily seen, the fight against catch shares, the destruction of OUR heritage, is Nation wide. We, the sportsmen/women of Florida, join the courageous people of New Jersey, as well as the rest of the nation, in the fight to take back what has been stolen from we the peoples of this once Great Nation. Together, we will again make it GREAT for ourselves and generations to come. And this, "Direct from Florida" & what I like to call our sister State, New Jersey.   slt
Bob Harbison Native Florida Life-long Recreational Fisherman
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 07:24:21 PM by harbison »

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Re: Catch Shares
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2011, 12:21:04 PM »
 clpRegarding my last report on our 7/1 trip to the middle grounds, "The fish were on fire all night & day". My report has, in  less than one day, already been visited over 500 times.  Here  are examples of typical responses I am receiving:                                       "Great report Bob. I was out on my boat Saturday and caught more gags than reds, ridiculous."
"Good report, Bob. I will see you out there soon."
"Nice catch, Bob."
"Great report, and looks like a great time."
"Another great one Bob, thanks."
And even from what I like to call our sister State, New Jersey:  "Great report and pics. Thanks for posting."

My response:

Thank guys!  It really helps to be appreciated. I but a great deal of time & energy into these reports. People need to know, first hand, what is actually out there. What is being done to the American people, in the name of catch shares, is nothing more than a crime. Ever think about the real reason for a 48 day ARS season & a 2 month gag season (during the worst of our hurricane season)? The true reason is really very simple. If NOAA recognizes what is actually in our Gulf of Mexico, as well as on our Atlantic side, there would be absolutely NO NEED for either catch shares or sector separation. Jane Lubchenco's legacy to EDF & PEW would not be realized. Walmart would be denied the privilege of selling us shares to catch OUR fish. Remember, under catch shares, NO SHARES, NO FISH!
From one end of this once great Country to the other, we, the recreational anglers, know, first hand, what is actually in our waters. We know from actual on the water experience, not from behind the desk science.
Bob Harbison, a Florida native, life long recreational fisherman

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-