Author Topic: Fished Manasquan Inlet 8/14  (Read 2024 times)

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Fished Manasquan Inlet 8/14
« on: August 14, 2007, 10:22:23 PM »
Fished the Inlet today guys. Work was very slow today, decided to take a ride down, started fishing around 930 am. Fished until about 200. Bite was hot when I got there, then slowed down dramatically when the tide was going out. About a dozen shorts, 2 missed by about 1/2 inch. Saw this man next to me caught 2 keepers during the slow period (that i had) during the outgoing tide. Landed a 20 inch and a 17 inch. Lone Killie seemed to do the trick. Although I used Chartreuse Gulp Swimming Mullet and Squid strip and did fairly well, it was about 50:50 with the Gulp setup vs the Killie. Wish I had a better report but a FUN day of fishing beats a SLOW day at work  t^

Also, lost 3/4ths of my spool of line since a boat decided to coast by about 20 feet off the wall, tried to stop him but he didnt even look back. I was waiting for him to come back on his way in I would have thrown about a dozen 6 oz weights at him.  >:D

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline sea nymph

Re: Fished Manasquan Inlet 8/14
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 11:13:24 PM »
Were you fishing off the wall on in a boat?  How was the boat traffic?  I may try tomorrow in a boat.  Any suggestions on bait?

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Re: Fished Manasquan Inlet 8/14
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 07:36:45 AM »
Sea Nymph,

I was fishing on the wall. Fished both tides and slack tide. I am used to fishing the Wall as I've done it many times, so I love it. Alot of new people I watch them, they hardly know what there doing. Casting in the wrong spot during tides, getting snagged every cast with about an 8 oz weight on there line, casting behind them. Wierd. My favorite is either just a killie, or a squid strip with gulp swimming mullet/sand eel. Good Luck  ;)

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-