Author Topic: 8-14-07, last week must have been a fluke!!  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Mister Penguin

8-14-07, last week must have been a fluke!!
« on: August 15, 2007, 09:57:43 AM »
Went on angler again in hopes of landing another striper, Brian hooked me up with lots of peanut bunkers to use.  I was gonna do some fluking for first couple of hours since I saw flukes come up on the last trip.  Well, that idea was thrown out because the blues were so thick everywhere we went.

As far as bass fishin, it was much slower than last week.  I think there were like 5 or 6 keepers on the boat all night amongst 13 or so paid fares.  This one lady who was out striper fishing for the first time landed 3 of them! including the pool winner.

I eneded the day with 1 short bass and something like 20 blue fish.  I brought home few blues to make strip baits out of it for some fluking this weekend.  I guess today was bait gathering day, between Brian hooking me up with bunkers and catching some blues to make strip baits.  ( will frozen peanut bunkers work?)

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: 8-14-07, last week must have been a fluke!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:09:01 PM »
dont forget, I was with BRIAN.. I also have 4 of the same bags you have in my freezer...  If frozen squid work, frozen smelts, frozen peanuts should work also...   Of Course..  t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline sealife

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 10:21:49 PM »
Keep in mind that the daily limit on bluefish is 15!

Offline Mister Penguin

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 08:23:31 AM »
dont forget, I was with BRIAN.. I also have 4 of the same bags you have in my freezer...  If frozen squid work, frozen smelts, frozen peanuts should work also...   Of Course..  t^
;D yeah, I heard you taught him how to throw the net! thanks for that I now have some peanut bunkers to use this weekend, actually enough peanuts to last 10+ trips.

I only brought home 5 blue fish, the rest I left them at the boat.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-