Author Topic: Help me choose My first surf set up !  (Read 48048 times)

Offline JeffL

Re: Help me choose My first surf set up !
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2012, 07:05:16 PM »
 whs
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Offline FishermanMIKE

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2012, 07:29:22 PM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate all your feed back..  What's a good area in IBSP to start out at?

Offline FishOn

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2012, 11:52:26 AM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate all your feed back..  What's a good area in IBSP to start out at?

Do you want us to reel the fish in for you too?  Scout around. Find structure, find bait, stay mobile

I don't mean to sound like a jerk. But asking for fishing spots is like asking a man if you could sleep with his wife. It might work sometimes but when it does you will almost always see a bunch of guys there already
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:13:08 PM by FishOn »
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2012, 01:25:20 PM »
 rofla rofla

Everyone has there favorite spots on IBSP or any other beach for that matter.  You have to find yours too.  The fish swim so the hole that is productive today this season, might not be productive tomorrow or next season. 

In terms of accessibility....
If you will be accessing the beach by foot (as opposed to 4x4) then it almost boils down to where you can park and how far you are willing to walk. 
The north end of the park tends to be less populated, but has few access points. 
The middle, from the bathing beaches to A23 can get very crowded in season, but has many access points.
The southern end includes the pocket, inlet and N Jetty , but A23 is the last access point and the inlet is over a mile from there. 

Offline FishermanMIKE

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2012, 03:23:45 PM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate all your feed back..  What's a good area in IBSP to start out at?

Do you want us to reel the fish in for you too?  Scout around. Find structure, find bait, stay mobile

I don't mean to sound like a jerk. But asking for fishing spots is like asking a man if you could sleep with his wife. It might work sometimes but when it does you will almost always see a bunch of guys there already

FISHON,

I wasn't directly asking for spots as I never fished IBSP, just wanted some in-site of the area since I'm a newbi at surf...

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2012, 03:56:39 PM »
your gonna love that tica rod, chris hit it on the head with his description, you can use big pencils and divers with the 9'6" but its not great.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-