Author Topic: Fished Long Island 8/18/07  (Read 5839 times)

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Fished Long Island 8/18/07
« on: August 19, 2007, 08:59:32 AM »
This is a trip to hear. Started out Near Far Rockaway Beaches at 2 in the afternoon !!! in the bay. I was with my freind Steve, a guy from work - his brother - his son. The guy from work and his brother are drunks. They wouldnt stop drinking beers as they brought us farther and farther out into the ocean. We stopped off by a beach and netted our own snappers and spearing. Had fresh squid also. Started out in the Bay, caught 3 sandsharks, 2 short fluke, and 2 sea robins. After 15 minutes they wanted to move. Unbelievable.
We headed out in between Sandy Hook and Coney Island in deep water in, and around the channel. During this fishing process constant arguing between the brothers, constant yelling for cigarettes/beer. Caught a nice 4 lb fluke about 21 1/2 inches long. 2 others at about 18 inches, many sea robins along with them. After realizing at around 830 at night, we only have 1/4 tank of gas left, he headed in for Sheepshead Bay at a marina to stop and get gas somewhere. We get to this place, no one has any money or credit cards on them. Still constant yelling at each other between the brothers about every little thing you can imagine. I looked at my freind steve when we go to this marina and told him get his shoes on now. (We had our shoes off because 90% of the time the back of tbe boat was filled with about 6 inches of water up through 1/3 of the boat because the guy has no bilge pump. Anyway..I told him to put his shoes on. I put mine on and I put my backpack on with my lures/hooks/weights etc. in it. I left my pole and steves pole on the boat because they probably wouldnt let us leave if they knew we were going to book. So im hoping the guy Joe, (guy from work) brings my crap in on monday. So me and steve tell them we have to take a Pee, and surprisingly after all the beer neither of them had to Pee either. When we left they were still arguing in front of people by the docks for no reason. So we walk to a Best Western at like 10 at night and tell the guy our problem and how we need a taxi or a cop car back to my car real bad. I had no clue where we were becasue I hate the city, and I am never going back there again. We finally get a taxi at around 1030 at night and he brought us to our car on Beach Channel Drive, ( had trouble getting to there too), paid the taxi drive, and off I went driving back to Wayne at 1100 at night in the city soak and wet. No pictures for anyone I didnt bring it. It was a good thing I didnt because phone got soaked and now its not working. I would have taken pictures of there drunk a$$es instead of the fish anyway. We got fooled, very nice guy in the beginning before he drank, after he started drinking turned into a jerk and I was getting pissed I almost said somethin. Everyone should know how to limit there beers, if not then theres a problem.. thats all I have to say. :P

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Fished Long Island 8/18/07
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 09:08:38 AM »
 w0w funny story... 
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 09:14:57 AM »

WOW   not an adventure a true Odyssey   :(

At least ya made it home safe and sound t^

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 09:18:34 AM »
At one point I didnt think we would make it back.  >:(

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 09:23:34 AM »
Amazing story, did the other two make it back OK?

Happy Catching 

aul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 09:24:32 AM »
I guess so who knows.

Fish On

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 09:30:22 AM »
Didn't souind like a brilliant idea when you 1st said you would be fishing SH from LI in a 13' boat

Sounds like a collection of fools!

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 09:34:37 AM »
16' Foot boat, but still that doesnt matter. That boat was way to small as it was.

fish On

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 09:41:25 AM »
The whole premise was not very smart.

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 09:46:46 AM »
 whs

I was actually scared for my life at one point during that trip, and for me to be afraid of something it takes alot. But being out on the ocean that late, in a small boat, with 5 people, then stopping in Brooklyn, NY for gas and being stranded there at 10 at night. No thanks, that got to me. All I know is I'm ready to fish with Mboy and Luna on August 25th if everything works out right ? Or we can plan a trip not for the tournament before or after that. TT^

Fish On

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 10:40:38 AM »
glad you made it home safe mark. you made the right choice by leaving. i'm sure you learned alot on that trip regarding safety at sea and how scary a trip can be when there is no safety.
There is water at the bottom of the ocean- David Byrne

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 08:41:57 PM »
At least you now have a good story to tell.  "The Fishing Trip From He11" 

Good thing you had enough sense to bail out when you did.  Who knows what would have happened with that crew!
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 08:44:29 PM »
Who knows what would have happened is right. I talked to the guy from work this morning, he left me a message at 840 this morning and said, yeah mark we just got back in now. Wow, what idiots. They probably slept on the boat all night. Unbelievable. But I am back alive thats all that matters to me. Better fishing next time, with a better set of people.  TT^

Fish On

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 08:52:52 PM »
who knows what they did to get thier fuel money to get back home. ::)

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 09:16:48 PM »
Good thought Bob.  I'm hoping they didn't sell fishon's rod n reel.   :o
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 09:53:44 PM »
 :o

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 11:24:50 PM »
 >:D >:D >:D >:D If thats the case, he's gonna get it at work tomorrow.  TT^

Fish On

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-