Author Topic: Lefty needs advice  (Read 11475 times)

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
Re: Lefty needs advice
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 08:47:24 AM »
I just switched over my spinner to RH crank- feels weird. I'll work with it so eventually I'll be ambifishtrous  slt

or is it ambicrankstrous?

Depends.  If you're catching them it's ambifishtrous.  If you're getting skunked then it's ambicrankstrous.   hhppy
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline lea_red

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 10:28:26 AM »
Nicely put!  hhppy

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 10:57:03 AM »
I just switched over my spinner to RH crank- feels weird. I'll work with it so eventually I'll be ambifishtrous  slt

or is it ambicrankstrous?

Depends.  If you're catching them it's ambifishtrous.  If you're getting skunked then it's ambicrankstrous.   hhppy

2shay
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline DJ76

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 03:34:06 PM »
for not breaking the bank look into the ugly stick tiger or tiger light rods.  I have a heavy tiger 7' paired with a LH abu ambass.  Like it a lot, especially for casting with the level wind.  Only problems with ugly's is they are usually heavier than the comparable rods in other brands...but usually for less than half the price.

my other salt rod for the boat is LH avet 5.3 MC paired with a lamiglass 7' MH rod.  really nice combo nice and light but the combo was around 450 bucks.
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline jms

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2017, 09:17:58 AM »
The Avet MXL is the right size for offshore nearshore fishing for those 20-50 lb class fish.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:19:44 PM by Hotrod »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2017, 07:19:09 PM »
The Avet MXL is the right size for offshore nearshore fishing for those 20-50 lb class fish.

Sounds like you don't need to learn basics..

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-