Author Topic: 8-25-07 --Rocks  (Read 1734 times)

Offline salty pig

• the pig
8-25-07 --Rocks
« on: August 25, 2007, 06:05:15 PM »
Well I finally made it to the Rocks. left around 630am and REAL thick fog. Couldn't get gps to work said antenna short-- cleaned off the plug and Wham it worked fine.-- so i faught my way to the rocks--OH and GPS when you plug route in does NOT direct you around  Ummm lets say the Navy Pier!!--So I get to the rocks and my GPS  again Doesnt have the map  part in it for the rocks (gotta add it ltr). Anyways I fish the "PARKING LOT " and I try  a Hi-Lo rig -- Zing snagged Joe wasnt kidding I stopped counting rigs and sinkers after 10.

Caught 1 keeper and TONS of shorts 8"-11" everytime i dropped the line in 2 bags of spearing and 1 bag of nuts. After losing 5 rigs I just made my own like Joe said and did better. End of day I got 1 keeper sea bass and a 18" fat fluke cant wait to eat the sea bass really white meat on those but not alot of meat.
The Fluke had several weird things on it they were 1/2 size of an eraser with a V at one end and they  came off the skin real easy. reminded me of the sucker fish wonder if it was parasites. 5hrug

Heard you on radio Irish Ayes  called ya but no answer
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 06:47:15 PM by salty pig »
'

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: 8-25-07 --Rocks
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 08:10:23 PM »
Hi Salty.  I didn't hear ya calling.  I would have answered if I did.  What channel did you call on.  I monitor 10 and 16.

Sounds like you had a good exploratory trip today.  Keep getting out there and you will hook up.  You can't stop bringing a lot of rigs though.  That part never gets any better.   TT^

Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline salty pig

• the pig
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 08:55:26 PM »
yea you were on 68 and were callin  pops. i tried 16 also. TON of shorts out there i want the big ones! wish mahi was close by lol
'

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 09:00:53 PM »
You better check your radio Salty.  I don't do 68, I do 10.  Could be why I didn't hear you.  Maybe bleed over? 
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-