Author Topic: Take a Vet/ Take a Soldier Fishing  (Read 9031 times)

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
Take a Vet/ Take a Soldier Fishing
« on: April 01, 2007, 04:53:12 PM »
Just wanted to let all Charter Captains and boat owners about two web sites: www.takeavetfishing.com and www.takeasoldierfishing.com, the purpose of these sites is to put up a posting where you will agree to take a group of Vets or soldiers fishing. All that is required is that you do not charge for the trip.

It is but a small way we can thank the men and women of our armed forces, letting them know that the job they have done and time spent away from families is deeply appreciated.

We have a group of Iraq Vets scheduled for a Striper trip in May and are in the process of finalizing the arrangements for a second group. I know that Carmine on the Lucky Carm is also taking Vets out.

This is a chance to share something we all love with those who truly deserve a chance to experience what we have everyday. I'm not asking that you do this everyday, but if we all do what we can I am sure we can cover everybody who wishes to go fishing.

In a time when negativity is the main news, this is but a little way to show that the job being done is suppoorted by the vast majority rather than the vocal minority.

Just thought this should be brought to your attention. Thanks for your support.

Good Fishing :)

Capt. Bob

Offline shadyvito

Re: Take a Vet/ Take a Soldier Fishing
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 05:32:59 PM »
Great idea! God knows they deserve it.  There is a lot of negativity surrounding the war so it's good to let them know that we appriciate what they do for us.
PS - That's what that part of the alphabet would look like if there where no Q or R.

Offline captmatt

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 06:52:57 PM »
Hey Bob, Great idea, I did one last year and already called them to do it again this year  8) 8) they were in Desert Storm 

Offline robsrodnreel

• Robs Rod n Reel
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 09:16:22 AM »
huge huge huge thank you to those capts that participate in this!!!!  this program almost makes me want to become a charter capt. just so i can participate.

Offline Flukedood

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 01:26:33 PM »
Ok, so when are we going???

I'm just kidding.I am a vet and was proud to serve my country and actually lose a kidney as a result of training, but i think The guys who are truely deserving of this really generous offer should be the combat vets from yesterday and today.. those guys have sacraficed so much for this country they really desreveit.. I try not to put any vet before another in most cases, we all served our county with pride but i think with the limited space I think the combat vets sould get first crack..

I spend 90% of my time fishing, The rest I just waste..

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 05:00:08 PM »
HEy,

You Don't have to be a licensed Capt. to take the Vets/Soldiers out...they are not being charged so it is not a charter, you are just taking friends fishing ;) ;)

Offline Angela Rose Charters

• Angela Rose Charters
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 12:02:07 PM »
Hey Bob,
 This sounds like a plan. DO you have any direct contact numbers?
Capt. Anthony

Team Luna Sea 3 / Angela Rose
1st Annual Fluke Tourny 3rd Place Winners

2nd NJSWF.com Fluke-a-thon 4th Place Winners

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 01:12:47 PM »
Anthony

Just go on www.takeasoldierfishing.com and www.takeavetfishing.org and put up a post that you are offering a charter to soldiers/vets.

I've got two trips booked, and I gotta tell you the guys that called were so excited you just can't believe it. I think the trips will be a great experience.

Bob
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 01:15:53 PM by CaptBob »

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 08:21:32 PM »
Hi All,

I participate in this program. It is rewarding and memorable for them and me.

It seems like divine intervention always happens on those type trips. Last year, a soldier who had never been fishing but always wanted to had a 10 lb+ blackfish; a 40 lb. Striped Bass; a limit of fluke; and a few nice sea bass on one trip (July 6).

I will always remember the look on his face ...

Great program and major Heaven points ...

Capt. Ed

Offline robsrodnreel

• Robs Rod n Reel
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 02:37:41 AM »
You Don't have to be a licensed Capt. to take the Vets/Soldiers out...they are not being charged so it is not a charter, you are just taking friends fishing

capt. bob, can i borrow your boat??? ha. mine is still in the store.. ;D

Offline shadyvito

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 10:36:50 AM »
If you guys don't mind, post some pics of your trip with these guys.
PS - That's what that part of the alphabet would look like if there where no Q or R.

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 01:55:28 PM »
Hi Capt.,

There are too bad pcitures in my Photo Gallery of one of the stripers and one of the "smaller" blackfish.

The digital camera did not work that day (of course we found out the hard way afterwards). That was perhaps the only thing that went bad that day.

Best wishes,

Capt. Ed

Offline Capt. Wayne

• Full Member of the Den
    • Angela Rose Charters
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 09:45:53 PM »
Hey Guys,
 Just want to let everyone know that I will have Air Force Captain J. Caldwell out with us on May 27th. Mr. Caldwell will have 4 comrads and his wife aboard for an all day striper trip.

Capt. Bob,
 Thanks you for introducing me to this. What an awesome idea!!!!!!

Capt. Anthony

FISH HARD or GO HOME

Tight Lines and Fish Hard
Capt. Wayne

Ruger314

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 11:44:48 PM »
Guys,

To all that have and are going to participate in  this program .. A big thank you goes out to all of you. On Easter my nephew call from Iraq and was pretty shaken up.. He had made a kill for his first time..This shook the family a little bit..But the best part of all was he was waiting to get home to do some fishing!!! I guess it truly shows what you guys are doing in this program helps the boys oversea's cope..Again Thank you and my boat is open to anyone who served!!

Thanks Joe

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 07:53:18 PM »
 i can sorta relate to the graditude to those who have volunteerd thier ship to take service members fishing.

while in kuwait in 98, i got to go on a fishign trip in the persion gulf, a mwr trip, (that you all paid for one way or the other, cause uncle sam got the bill ;)thanx all for that one) beign away from home, and being able to due something you love to do lets you slip back to the home front for a few hours, and relax. which is truly all a soldier i have ever known wants to do, just chill out, relax and forget about all your worrys for a day.
All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline shadyvito

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 09:46:23 PM »
Guys,

To all that have and are going to participate in  this program .. A big thank you goes out to all of you. On Easter my nephew call from Iraq and was pretty shaken up.. He had made a kill for his first time..This shook the family a little bit..But the best part of all was he was waiting to get home to do some fishing!!! I guess it truly shows what you guys are doing in this program helps the boys oversea's cope..Again Thank you and my boat is open to anyone who served!!

Thanks Joe
There is a lot of negative press surrounding this situation so let your nephew know that there are a lot of us who realize we owe the solders our freedom and thank him for me for his sacrifice.

Ruger314

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 09:53:55 PM »
ShadyVito,

Will do that exactly..just sent him this link to share with his guys over there.

Thanks for the support!!

Joe

• Angela Rose Charters
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 11:54:49 PM »
When I was stationed in Yorktown, Va, MWR put together a paint ball trip together. We jump on our bus and headed to some park out in east bumble somewhere and a little showdown with the Marine Corp. HAHAHAHA yeah we didnt last to long.. That was a stupid paint ball game. A bunch of Coasties vs the Marine Corp at thier game.. right!!!

• Angela Rose Charters
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 08:03:57 PM »
I know.. you should of seen our faces when we got there..HAHAHAHA.. If I remember correctly. I got like 2 rounds off and then I got scared..lol

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 08:36:57 PM »
Roger That.  Hotrod played paintball twice and how I explained it to others that never did was..

When your running through the friggin woods over rocks that could break your ankles and you don't care,  it's not because if you get hit you have to sit until the next round!!  it's because that sh!t hurts!! :o

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-