Author Topic: I AIN'T NO TREE HUGGER BUT !  (Read 26190 times)

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: I AIN'T NO TREE HUGGER BUT !
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2012, 01:23:31 PM »
I see why you say that but I dont agree. Male and females stripers age to length ratio is very close.Male stripers reach sexual maturity around age 2-3, @ 3 years old these fish are 20" long at age 7 there about 30" and usually stop spawning around 11 which is about 37". Females reach maturity from 4-8+ and stop usually around 15 which puts them from 25"-46" plus fisf under 6 yrs dont usually migrate
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2012, 01:48:02 PM »
I lived in Md for a couple of years in the '90's. These were the regs

- one fish at 18" to 24"
- one trophy tag per angler per year over 48".
- Closure in the Spring. I don't remember when the opener was but I remember productive C&R on bucktails in May.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 01:49:22 PM by bassnblues »

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2012, 02:27:06 PM »
As I have said OVER AND OVER AGAIN

No matter what regs. you have will not do any good to really know the TRUE stats of fish being taken--until you have LEOS at every port-dock-etc. to check--and you know that won't happen.

To answer my own question about where the bonus tag money goes to Well -- a small percentage goes to the striped bass sector of the F&G and the majority goes to a second party company that issues the tags online.

Now--as far as TRUE anglers--I think we need to POLICE ourselves as as to other anglers (OR NOT SO OTHER ANGLERS)--NOW the worst part of this is--and I really regret posting this--but when the week-end "angler" comes in with a cooler full of fish---And have seen this many-many-many --times and they ask who's taking the fish home--NONE ICED and dumped in the dumster--when 6-7-8 people say I don't want them--THIS is what makes me sick --stop this too--???????????

when getting your boating PERMIT--there should be a fish managing section--1--yes 1 violation no-boat-no--fishing--clause.--If the fines for illeagle fishing/boating were harder--there will be less of all this CRAP......
With all the people on the water in NJ--I would like to see the same as NJ driving --PAY to take a boating permit and a test on the water--and the monies from that go to fisheries management.

BUT the bottom line is STILL INFORCEMENT

IKAT on 65-68 and monitor all channels   t^

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »
FISH ON  5hrug First My Age is 71 as I have said in many posts, been fishing in New Jersey all my Life, And Hunting, I have been very active for all those years. In all aspects of fishing, and Methods. My father, Grandfather, Uncles, mentored me, I have lived by the ocean all my life also. And seen things Come and go,  t^
BUT Now YOU show your colors  thud and lost my respect for you, your degrees are worthless if you learned anything you don't show it.  5hrug

What do I MEAN ( Quote )  fcp fcp fcp Your words not Mine.
(QUOTE) ( I DON'T ACTUALLY CARE WHAT ANYONE DOES AS IT DOESN'T AFFECT ME )  rgmn rgmn rgmn w

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2012, 03:45:47 PM »
This thread really got out of context fcp. Guess there's a thin line between opinions and facts, and to some people facts are offensive and to some people opinions are offensive and then there's the people who get offended by somebody's opinion on a fact  fcp
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline FishOn

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2012, 05:10:57 PM »
FISH ON  5hrug First My Age is 71 as I have said in many posts, been fishing in New Jersey all my Life, And Hunting, I have been very active for all those years. In all aspects of fishing, and Methods. My father, Grandfather, Uncles, mentored me, I have lived by the ocean all my life also. And seen things Come and go,  t^
BUT Now YOU show your colors  thud and lost my respect for you, your degrees are worthless if you learned anything you don't show it.  5hrug

What do I MEAN ( Quote )  fcp fcp fcp Your words not Mine.
(QUOTE) ( I DON'T ACTUALLY CARE WHAT ANYONE DOES AS IT DOESN'T AFFECT ME )  rgmn rgmn rgmn w

I was referring to the photo when i said it doesnt affect me. Dont quote me out of context. And don't edit my quotes by CAPing them either. I wouldnt spend my time debating this topic with someone i never met if i didnt think fish stocks and regulations affected me.

See now one thing my education taught me was when writing you break your thoughts into paragraphs. See when i said it doesn't affect me I was still in the "I personally, IN MY OPINION, do not like the stacked limit pile of dead fish, a species that was once scarce, that we all claim to love and respect, photo paragraph. It was just an aside with little to do with the actual original post.

That's ok though, i really dont care if you respect me or not.  Im sure you are a wealth of local knowledge, but you have some of the most scatter brained posts out there. It's so hard to read through your random observations (which seeminlgly is all they are as are mine) that I still have no idea what stance you take.  
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 05:22:09 PM by FishOn »
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »
oh boy, havent you guys heard about the boat out of pp keeping illegal sea bass?

Offline FishOn

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2012, 05:23:02 PM »
oh boy, havent you guys heard about the boat out of pp keeping illegal sea bass?

Ugh don't get me started  ;)
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2012, 05:25:52 PM »
Come on guys...this is a great thread and topic...

but

Let's keep it cool and not get personal here...no finger pointing, name calling and or insults...fine to state your beliefs and opinions but respect others as well...

That's what separates us from many other fishing boards...we can have a debate with out the fist fighting in the parking lot....

Thanks... ;D

Offline FishOn

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2012, 06:06:49 PM »
He started it..... :P   ;D

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2012, 07:01:18 PM »
 ;D

Just saying....we're all friends here...

I just don't want this thread to go down a nasty dirt road if you guys know what I mean..  ;D

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2012, 07:02:42 PM »
Thread went on a long time without a fight...

Now how about a nice calm SW fishing license discussion?

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2012, 07:57:53 PM »
The surest way to never correct the issue is to have recreational fisherman battling with each other instead of the real problem.  The battle lies with the commercial fisheries and the mountains of flawed data being used to set the rules.  While we sit here and argue about whether a charter guy should advertise that he catches fish for his clients with pictures, boats are netting huge amounts of bunker and killing by catch that makes what the charter guys take laughable in comparison.  Tuna pens are holding millions of tuna in captivity to fatten them up for the slaughter.  Pots are all over our reefs.  It goes on and on.  

Fighting with each other is nonsense, especially guys on this forum.  People who frequent this site, charter or recreational, do so because they are the few that are passionate about the sport.  We are the ones who actually give a damn.  I woud be willing to bet pretty much everyone on this site has NEVER taken an illegal fish.  The charters guys livelihood depends on a healthy fishery.  They can only follow the laws that are in place and need to advertise.  I know one thing, if I were for some reason needing to go out on a charter I know exactly which ones I would choose.  I'll decide what I do with my legal catch whether I keep or release, but you can bet I'm going with the charters that catch fish and prove it regularly with.......pictures of fish.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 07:59:13 PM by Andys Delight »
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline FishOn

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2012, 09:06:55 PM »

clp you owe me a keyboard

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2012, 09:39:34 PM »
 rofla rofla

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2012, 10:10:23 PM »

t^

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2012, 07:25:01 AM »
Kenny gets my vote for the noble

Offline Spearfish

« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2012, 08:58:47 AM »
 I'll decide what I do with my legal catch whether I keep or release, but you can bet I'm going with the charters that catch fish and prove it regularly with.......pictures of fish.

[/quote]

Nicely said.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2012, 09:04:02 AM »
 whs whs whs whs whs whs whs whs whs whs

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-