Author Topic: Manasquan River 6/23-24  (Read 9122 times)

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
Manasquan River 6/23-24
« on: June 25, 2012, 07:01:13 AM »
Soaked two pot for about 18hr in the area of the Manasquan River Club. Only yield was 2 keeper crabs that got released. I don't think my bumker was stinky enough.... It was previously frozen before I came down. I probably could've used a day to 'age'

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Manasquan River 6/23-24
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:18:20 AM »
WOW, that's odd :headscra:?  Hope it was the bait and not someone "messing" with your pot!?

TT^

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 11:53:26 AM »
WOW, that's odd :headscra:?  Hope it was the bait and not someone "messing" with your pot!?

TT^

I don't think they we're messed with, considering one was less than 50yds from my boat but, you never know.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 11:55:56 AM »
 whs  did you gut the bunker i usually cut them from the neck down to let that good stink out
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 11:58:09 AM »
whs  did you gut the bunker i usually cut them from the neck down to let that good stink out

It was bunker that I caught from my last trip a couple weeks ago and froze. I don't think it was 100% thawed when it hit the water as we came home from vacation, fed the dogs, and hit the road for the boat again. If it was planned I would've put it out the night before to ensure a nice thaw.

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 01:12:58 PM »
I've had one crab pot stolen , as well as catching two people on a wave runner just about to pull up my trap in the area of the Manasquan River Club last year. I watched the wave runner then go pot to pot, pulling traps and dumping the crabs into a compartment on the wave runner, keeping every single crab. Let's hope they are gone now and we can blame the bait. I picked up 5 keepers there on Friday before the storms, and 6 keepers Saturday.
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 01:17:51 PM »
I've had one crab pot stolen , as well as catching two people on a wave runner just about to pull up my trap in the area of the Manasquan River Club last year. I watched the wave runner then go pot to pot, pulling traps and dumping the crabs into a compartment on the wave runner, keeping every single crab. Let's hope they are gone now and we can blame the bait. I picked up 5 keepers there on Friday before the storms, and 6 keepers Saturday.

Hmmmmm let's hope. There were some wave runners in the area when I check them last. How long did you soak? Just another reason to hate people. I can probably do just as well off my slip.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 02:15:43 PM »
bunker is bunker.. old or new.. it all works.. you just weren't in the right spot.. trust me, they are there.. I have 4 pots out for 150, with a 12 hour soak
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 02:17:41 PM »
bunker is bunker.. old or new.. it all works.. you just weren't in the right spot.. trust me, they are there.. I have 4 pots out for 150, with a 12 hour soak

I guess it's just a matter of figuring out the areas. This is the first year with the pots. It seems like a lot are in a few areas and righ outside of the river channel in a couple of feet of water.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 02:58:10 PM »
When's dinner Nick? ;D
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 09:22:28 PM »

Hmmmmm let's hope. There were some wave runners in the area when I check them last. How long did you soak? Just another reason to hate people. I can probably do just as well off my slip.

Friday the soak was about 4 ½ hours, baited with frozen bunker and loaded onto the boat Thursday night.
Saturday it soaked for about 7 hours, frozen bunker placed in the trap about ½ hour prior to being set.
Frozen or thawed seems not to matter.

I catch more Blue Claws when I set the pot up stream of the Rt. 70 Bridge.  I set it between the canal and the Rt.35 Bridge when I want to catch greenies for bait.

I have a secret spot that I set it in Barnegat Bay. I drive there in my truck and set it from land once and awhile, I always catch more in the bay.

Here is a photo of the wave runner crew in action. Great get away vessel if I say so myself. 0-40 mph in a heartbeat, super shallow draft, never catch them with a boat. (Snag hook might work if you are fast with the cast).
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 10:57:50 PM »
not a bad idea.. I got a Sea Doo, 0-65 in under 3 seconds.

Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-