Author Topic: Location...Location...Location  (Read 4528 times)

Offline maverick

Location...Location...Location
« on: July 01, 2012, 11:19:37 AM »
Thanks for all responses to my earlier posts...This forum is full of very nice folks (arent all anglers?)

Planning to hit Belmar/Avon area for a round of crabbing and fishing. Planning to use catfish/salmon heads for crab traps (pyramid ones) and some gulp peeled crab and gulp bloodworms for fish.

Any thoughts on :
1. Good piers/shore fishing areas in avon/belmar? Dont have a boat or surf fishing equipment.
2. Will need fairly clear instructions to the area suggested, as I am moistly a GPS traveller and have no familiarity.
3. Planning to go an hour before high tide (which is at 6 pm today). Are any of you going to be around, would love to chat up...

Offline maverick

Re: Location...Location...Location
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 11:21:14 AM »
Also, one more thing : The size regulations I have come across are only for blue crabs. Does that mean I can go less that 3" with non blue crabs?

Offline captainbailey

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 11:59:35 AM »
Try the Shark river. There are multiple access points and just about any species in our waters is swimming through there.

BTW, Blue claws are the only crabs worth eating and probably all you'll catch and they have to measure 4.5" point to point across the shell. 
Z

Offline maverick

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 12:38:25 PM »
Try the Shark river. There are multiple access points and just about any species in our waters is swimming through there.

BTW, Blue claws are the only crabs worth eating and probably all you'll catch and they have to measure 4.5" point to point across the shell. 
Is this saltwater or frsh? and is there a particular street or some area that I can find. I tried google but not getting a cear direction to a pier or jetty etc.

We love all crabs..blues are yummiest though

Offline FishOn

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 10:02:02 PM »

We love all crabs..blues are yummiest though

You don't eat green crabs and spider crabs, do you ?

Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-