Author Topic: Carbbing on the navesink (07/01)  (Read 5767 times)

Offline DJ76

Carbbing on the navesink (07/01)
« on: July 01, 2012, 10:41:22 PM »
Well it was the triple D (Dennis Senior, Junior, 3rd) out today on the navesink river in my little 14 footer. Put in around 10 and returned the dock around 4.  Used rotten chicken and some frozen bunker that we stopped for this morning.  Only 8 keepers to be had.  all caught from small crab traps, nothing to show on the drop lines.  seems the chicken was doing better than the bunker....perhaps the bunker wasn't stinky enough, i dunno  5hrug   but man did the three generations on the boat have a blast.  The highlight of the day was my son getting out of the truck (8pm mind you and being up since seven) and immediately turning to me and asking when we can go again ;D
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Carbbing on the navesink (07/01)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 11:01:37 PM »
Great trip, even though you didn't catch more!  You'll get 'em next time.  All worth it when they ask or starting bugging you to go again!!

clp TT^

Offline bayonne

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 04:31:27 PM »
the sink is doing lousy this year might have over crabbed it having a hundred boats every weekend taking a bushel or two for years had to take a toll

Offline Mr Limpett

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 06:06:57 PM »
Thanks for the report.
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 08:36:55 PM »
 5hrug The crabs have been running in cycles as they always do. The Navisink is very healthy and the crabbing has been out of sight as it has the past 3 years, Stink bait is not needed nice fresh chicken thighs work the best there and the drop lines out do the traps, But here are areas that always do better then the rest. The one spot I go to has been off the hook with keepers but dirty as usual. crab the MUCK stay away from sand, Maybe you will get a PM Bill  

DJ76  you have mail  chrz
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 08:42:13 PM by overbite »

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 10:52:50 AM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-