Author Topic: [FAQ]What is one of the better set ups for fishing for striper ?  (Read 39039 times)

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
Re: [FAQ]What is one of the better set ups for fishing for striper ?
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 01:42:55 PM »
I have a lot of expensive outfits but my favorite all around for stripers or heavy fluke is a Tsunami Classic TSCC701H with an Abu Ambassadeur 6500C3.

Rod was $35.00 and the reel goes for about $80.00. t^

Offline HK27

• The Young Salty
Re: What is one of the better set ups for fishing for striper ?
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 10:02:25 PM »
I like the calcutta reel w/ a loomis rod

good choice.  i have the calcutta with a st croix tidemaster for my setup.  Also, a lot of guys have been using the shimano muskie rods for stripers and i heard they work well so i just picked one up from cabella's last week. 
Shimano For Life!

Offline Livewire

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 10:26:14 PM »
You can get by with a cane pole as long as it has a Shimano baitrunner on it.I've also had a couple TICA reels hold up pretty well in the salt..-Livewire-

Offline tales

Re: What is one of the better set ups for fishing for striper ?
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 06:50:05 PM »
An all around inshore boat set up:  Avet SX spooled with 30 lb PP on a 7 ft Lamiglas inshore classic 70MH.   Saaaweet!!!!!

Another voter for the SX. Best bang for your buck! I use a 12-25 G-Loomis or a Lami TFX 7030 CT 15-30.

Reels: Penn 525GS, 965. Daiwa Saltist STTLW 20HA. Shimano Calcutta.

My favorite: Avet SX With Avet's Fuji foot for Fuji reel seats, the reel is a winch!

[
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 07:09:03 PM by tales »

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 07:02:28 AM »
I just picked up okuma's cedros rod and reel. For the money you can't beat it. 7 foot rod titanium guides and reel seat,rated for 100lb braid and 8oz lure weight. I got the cedros 6500 to go with it. The reel is rated on paper for 30lbs of drag but the salesman told me it tested at 65lbs of drag. Wow! You could stop a truck with that set up. It sells for just over 200. Now I love my shimano stuff.but this new okuma stuff is growing on me especially for the money

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-