Author Topic: "Flukin Hot Friday" 07/06/12  (Read 4111 times)

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
"Flukin Hot Friday" 07/06/12
« on: July 06, 2012, 11:46:46 PM »
Fished on NS out of Atlantic Highland with an old friend and a few of his buddy's.

The best part of this report is that I did not loose my hat today ;D

Fished up North outside Romer and Ambrose as well as some other edges.

About 35 on board and only 40 or so keepers.

My day rgmn 2 skates and 2 shorts rgmn

Cool part of the trip was that we saw Sturgeon leaping out of the water around the boat in the afternoon about 5 times.

Still lots of bunker pods around and I think the best opportunities on the flaties is on the rocks to the south. pawle

OH YEA!! God bless the person who invented air- conditioners. TT^ TT^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: "Flukin Hot Friday" 07/06/12
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 11:51:15 PM »
Yes it was "flukin' hot" out there today!  ;D  Very cool seeing the sturgeon. t^

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 12:22:12 AM »
Captains Report:

After an off day yesterday we had very good fishing again today with over 200 shorts and 45 keepers. There were some nice fish in the channels again with Jerry Shealey from Winfield Park having a fluke over 5 pounds and Jay Martin (red shirt) From Accord NY taking the pool with a fluke over 6 pounds and he had 4 keepers. It ended up being very comfortable on the water. Bait or spros did equally well today. Thanks Captain George

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 06:26:58 AM »
Good report Paule. It was h-o-t out there yesterday. The east breeze helped some though.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 07:02:08 AM »
Nice report Paule.  That is why it is called fishing, not CATCHING.   5hrug Congrats on not losing your hat this time.  hhppy Did you use spros or bait to catch those skates and shorts?  rgmn

It always amazes me how the captains report is way different than what the customers thought.  Have you ever seen Al FISHtori say in his Friday SL column that fishing sucks and you should stay home and save your money?  smk fcp NEVER!!!!!!!!

Tight Lines,
Bob G  chrz slt

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 07:08:38 AM »
Catching an audience with your report is like catching fish...It's all in the presentation.  TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 07:22:26 AM »
 whs  rofla chrz "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with Bulls**t" is another answer there. TT^

Tight Lines,
Bob G  chrz slt

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 08:38:25 AM »
Good job on the skates Paule, nice Sturgeon sighting too. I saw one a few years back at the Keyport flats t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 09:11:41 AM »
Thanks for the report and yes it was hot out there yesterday.  At least you were on a boat with AC t^  A friend of my father's had a sturgeon fly into his boat up the Hudson near Peekskil slightly injuring his son.  Son was ok, Sturgeon ended up in the smoker (I don't think they were endangered back then).
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 10:25:02 AM »
Nice try Paule.... t^

Bet the beer was cold though...

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 10:35:25 AM »
 hhppy Fishstory God bless the guy for he knows not what he spews. his <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">job[/url] is sell papers and sponsors. Known him for many years. he is a good fishermen since he has bummed rides from many  thud His boat the Sherry Berry was docked in PP by Spikes when I knew him. It was the filthiest <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">Boat[/url] ever. a real dump. Plus he is not alone with tall tales over the years on some of the head boats I went out on when I read the reports in the paper the next day I would wondered if I was on the same boat or it was a dream with the BS they posted fcp. Its a shame because the many are honest and a forum like this keeps them honest and In the loop I have never heard a disparaging word about any one here nothing but praise and thanks ,  t^ t^ t^ t^ chrz Or even on the CB remember them you could never believe what you heard. including me, the truth was never told, Back then we used the POP Corn trick  cfzd  just drop a large bag of pop corn over <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">board[/url] and go. I leave it to you for the results that followed with the Birds and the fleet invasion  rofla hhppy cfzd we had a code of how where, But the cell phone has solved that. but the pop corn thing is still fun today. when things get a bit over crowded release the pop corn up the beach some. chrz chrz Bill

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 01:29:57 PM »
Catching an audience with your report is like catching fish...It's all in the presentation.  TT^

Joe is 100% correct. t^

In defense of this Captain's report it is 100% accurate.

Read it again:

200 shorts: true my group had at least 18 alone. I only contributed 2.

45 keeps: true as my estimate was 40 +

Comfortable day on the ocean: true:
 did he really need to mention the heat?

Good day of fishing: Matter of opinion. This may be good fishing for the AH boats that work the heavily fished areas up North. These guys are trying to keep boat fares reasonable for customers so we shouldn't expect them to burn too much gas and still make a profit. Let alone try and keep 35 to 50 guys out of the rocks all day.
Fishing up north is what it is.

It' like when we complain that the airlines don't give away free food anymore but we expect a $99 ticket to Florida.

Just my $.02 pawle
Thomas Jefferson

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 04:58:45 PM »
 t^...Thanks for the honest TT^..report....... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-