Author Topic: Manasquan River 8/29  (Read 1430 times)

Offline bukman

• Full Member of the Den
Manasquan River 8/29
« on: August 29, 2007, 06:38:52 PM »
My buddy and I took my little boat and fished the river today. Upriver we played with some rising little blues about a pound, in size. It was a ball on poppers. I just love to see the rise and passes as I retrieve it. We then went fluking and we did ALOT of catching, using Gulp and Spro jigs. It was fun, but NOT ONE keeper could be had!!! Here's an interesting addendum to the bluefishing. We use a dropper rig to jig fluke. my buddy had his rig already on when we saw the blues. He therefore just put on a small poppper in place of a Spro. The blues he caught hit the RED hook on the dropper more times than the popper!! They couldn't stand that popper "chasing" the little red thing!!!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 06:40:23 PM by bukman »

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Manasquan River 8/29
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 06:58:55 PM »
 ;D TT^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Manasquan River 8/29
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 07:10:22 PM »
Good job bukman.  The way it was explained to me many many years ago it the bluefish/striper will see the fish in the back (popper in your case) chasing the fish in the front (teaser) and figure the fish in the front is tired out from the other fish chasing it and the blue/striper will get the 'tired' fish so as not to have to exert much energy.   TT^ 

Don't know if it's true, but it sounded sensible to me. 
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-