Author Topic: Fluking Raritan Bay 8/29  (Read 1520 times)

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
Fluking Raritan Bay 8/29
« on: August 29, 2007, 08:37:51 PM »
launched at Sayreville at 7:30 am.stopped riverside of train bridge and made a couple drifts,fishing partner Dave caught one short missing by a 1/16th of an inch,I caught one short,Dave caught a keeper blue claw crab,the crab became the prevalent species,moved to open water and made first stop bend bypass channel and came up emty,moved to area 47 buoy in the reach channel and stayed most of the morning in that area.catching a lot of shorts and a few sea robins,Dave did manage to catch a blue fish when I had to back boat off to avoid hitting a buoy.we did manage to put a 18 1/2 incher and two just at the 17 inch mark in the box.moved back to bend bypass channel area and picked a few more shorts.always commented to each other action not that heavy in the back bay but the size of the fish have been good,not today,lots of action no size.also broke one of my poles trying to pull in real estate.beautiful day on the water,stopped again riverside train bridge on the way in and made two long drifts and came up emty, not even a crab this time.headed for home at 2:15.just to note my wife was laughing last night because I was shaving for Dave,it's rough trying to rub in sun block on 3 day stubble.
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Fluking Raritan Bay 8/29
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 08:40:15 PM »
nice report... my wife did the same with me, she asked why I was shaving last night... I told her that I didn't want any tan lines...  ;D  Women are all the same.  Thank god for the camera, she probably thought i had a date..
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
Re: Fluking Raritan Bay 8/29
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 09:18:11 AM »
 whs   t^ t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-