Author Topic: Pops Soul 8/29  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
Pops Soul 8/29
« on: August 29, 2007, 10:07:34 PM »
Left the dock at 10:30 with 3 on board. Pulling out of the inlet an radioed Irish Ayes, and spoke with Capt. Joe. I told him my intentions and pulled out of the inlet with the ocean flat as a pancake did just the opposite of what I said on the radio one of those split second decisions. First stop 68 feet of water off of Asbury  and put 1 fish in the box on a Whole Squid on a double hook rig after a slight power drift. Also had 2 short fluke, Several skates and a doggie. Up to Bradley beach with lots of boats bobbing around in DIRTY water. Tried a couple of drifts where I brother in law did well on Monday, 1 short on 2 drifts. After talking with Capt Joe again and everyone just looking for fish I made a move south about a half a mile west of Ollie's lump and made a drift and boated another lone keeper, but the water was cleaner. Still moving South did a couple of drifts over some other lumps south of where Irish Ayes was fishing with nothing but a couple of Sea Robins which we kept for bait. Made a move further south to where we were picking up nice fish just east of the Klondike and with a good breeze and 8 ounces of lead we started hitting of keeper size fish on a down side of a nice lump. Total for the day 9 keepers. Water temp 73 degrees Keepers were caught on a variety of baits  Whole Squid, Sea Robin Strips and GULP TT^   
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Ruger314

Re: Pops Soul 8/29
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 10:16:24 PM »
Nice  job..

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 10:45:53 PM »
Way to go Skip.  Nice catch.
I bombed today.  Tried all the usual spots.  Couldn't find em though.  Oh well, next time.   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 08:14:42 AM »
very nice
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline bob cole

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 06:49:03 PM »
Nice job Skip. It is good that you had more keepers than the Irish Ayes. Looks that you have found the fish. LOL.
 TT^ TT^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 01:03:22 AM »
Good Job.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-