Author Topic: Ft Lauderdale Fishing Shark  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Capt. Zsak

• Top Shot Fishing
  • Sponsor
Ft Lauderdale Fishing Shark
« on: July 24, 2012, 09:26:58 PM »
Fort Lauderdale Fishing on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Our charter today aboard the Happy Day Today with the Topshotfishing team out of Fort Lauderdale FL was Rick Fussell and daughter, Haley, with friend, Courtney, from Tennessee.   We had variable winds 5-7 mph, 2 ft. seas - a picturesque sunny day here in Ft. Lauderdale.  Rick’s goal was to catch a large fish, and I suggested we find some nice large Sharks off of Fort Lauderdale.  For the past two weeks, Shark action has been excellent here in Fort Lauderdale.

Off we went – twenty minutes after leaving the dock we were in 350 ft. of water north of the sea buoy off of Fort Lauderdale FL, close to one of my favorite artificial wreck, a 220 ft. freighter that was sunk back in 1981.  These wrecks hold various types of bait fish and in return the predators know where to feed.  These are the “supermarkets” of the seas.  We put out three Shark baits, one on the surface, one midrange down 150 ft. and a third bait sitting on the bottom.  I could see a dorsal fin approaching our surface bait; the fish was not aggressive at all.  It swam slowly to the bait but was not interested and swam past the bait to the south of Fort Lauderdale.  A few minutes later a fishing boat to the north of me called on the radio and said he saw a Shark heading my way – hopefully this one would feed.  As the Shark approached the surface bait, he was very aggressive, and he grabbed the Shark bait – the fight was on!!!!!  This Shark was a big one!!!  Rick jumped into the fighting chair, and we secured him and the rod down with safety lines.  The tug of war continued, and Rick was doing a fantastic job reeling in the Shark, while support was heard from the girls.  Finally the Shark appeared 50 ft. from the boat – a Golden Hammerhead, and all were amazed by its size.  The fight was a long one with losing and gaining lines, but finally Rick subdued him and brought the Shark to the boat.  We measured the Shark in the water, and it was 107” long and approximately 350 lbs.  Pictures were taken, the Shark was released and Rick decided to do a replica mount. Back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabrezee Blvd, Fort Lauderdale 33316   

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Ft Lauderdale Fishing Shark
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 09:33:05 PM »
Wow.  That's a beast t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 09:52:35 PM »
Nice shark!!

TT^

Offline HOokiN

• Master Kitchens & Baths
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 01:03:25 PM »
Would love to SNAG one of those!!! Nice Fish.  clp
Grady White 20' Over-Nighter -
H o O K i N ! /  2012 Chevy Silverado Duramax -

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 01:08:09 PM »
WOW that is amazing!!!! Look at how HUGE the head is!!! WOW!

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 03:42:16 PM »
 t^ So cool
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 08:14:53 PM »
 o@ cfzd

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-