Author Topic: Jammin' 7/25  (Read 2401 times)

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Jammin' 7/25
« on: July 26, 2012, 11:46:11 AM »
it was rock and very nice last night as we had the good fortune to catch the Allman Brothers Band with Santana at the Arts Center.

6:30PM ticket (!!!?!!!), beautiful evening, got there in time for a few frosty beverages and a sammich in the parking lot before entry. Off to a good start...

We bucked up for excellent seats and the Brothers came on about 6:40. What can I say? I can say that they did not disappoint. Everything from Jessica to Statesboro to Dreams to Whipping Post and lots in between. They were in jam mode for sure and finished up bout 9:30. Warren and Derek were amazing as always and a good time was had by all. Noticeably absent was Carlos, who I thought would be sitting in with the boys. However....

Quick set change, and out he comes with another full band, and another 3 drummers. I realized how old I was (and how old he is) when it sunk in that I saw him first with The Hooters opening (and The Who following) on a hot September day back in '81 at JFK in Philly. Wow that's 31yrs ago.

But I digress. Carlos ripped it up and the band was tight. All his hits and lots o jams included. The highlight of the night, without doubt, was when Warren and Derek came back onstange to tear it up with Carlos on a John Lee Hooker Melody that went on for about 25minutes. And he wasn't done yet. Holmdel was prolly tallying up the fines when the show ended around 11:30. A+++++ Catch them if you can.

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
Re: Jammin' 7/25
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 12:01:41 PM »
 clp  Sounds like you had a great time.  clp

Gotta get my old butt out to see some of the Greats from when I was growin up   t^

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »
Sounds awesome!  If you threw me on an island and said I could only listen to one band, it would without any hesitation be the Allmans for me.  I would have been at the show if I wasn't still recovering.  Sounds like you had a blast!!   t^ t^
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 12:27:30 PM »
If you think you are old, the last time I saw the Allman's was back in 1971 at the Fillmore East.  
Time for my nap  ;D
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 12:50:31 PM »
If you think you are old, the last time I saw the Allman's was back in 1971 at the Fillmore East.  
Time for my nap  ;D

HAHAHA--still have my ticket stubs from Janis at Asbury--68   fcp

Only got a year on ya--maybe not that.  slt
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:54:13 PM by IKAT »

Offline DJ76

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 02:51:15 PM »
 :P :P :Pi'm jealous :P :P :P
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 04:25:42 PM »
Sounds like a killer show Warren..The Allman bros.  never fail to shred.. It's been umpteen years since I saw them also.. last time i think was the Tower in philly ..in the 90's sometime.. chrz  chrz

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 08:42:32 AM »
Nice Warren TT^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 10:32:26 AM »
Sounds like fun.  t^ I haven't been to a concert in ages.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-