Author Topic: The NJSaltwaterFisherman Deepwater Fluke Trip  (Read 13731 times)

Offline Angela Rose Charters

• Angela Rose Charters
The NJSaltwaterFisherman Deepwater Fluke Trip
« on: August 31, 2007, 08:54:23 PM »
08-31-07
 Angela Rose Charters hosted a crew from www.NJSaltwaterFisherman.com on an all day Deepwater Fluke Trip. The website's weapons of choice were: out of Manasquan Inlet, Capt. Ed Marut and his brother Anthony Marut, out of Shark River, Capt. Joe of IrishAyes, from Barnegat, Capt. Mike and 1st Mate Bob of Reel Time Charters, and out of Sandy Hook, Capt. Bob of Sandy Hook Fishing Adventures. With this line up, we were certain to have a great catch.
 We departed the dock at 0630 sharp and with in a few minutes we were cruising in the Atlantic Ocean searching for some, big doormat fluke. A greeting or north east winds, stiff at 10 knots and a 4 foot ground swell combined made for a sloppy start. That didn't stop the big catamaran as she powered up and we motored 9 miles out to a wreck known for big fish. Once there, we set drift after drift only to have a slow start by putting a fish or two in the icebox in the first few hours of the trip. We visited another offshore wreck, 4 miles south, with the same results. After Capt. Anthony drilled his DGPS for answers, we shot inshore to a few more wrecks that have been catching a few doormats. Our first stop on the second leg of the trip was 6 miles off the beach in 75 feet of water. The lines were dropped and it only took a minute or two before Anthony Marut landed his personal biggest fluke to date at 6.6 pounds. It didn't take long to realize we were on the fish. Moments later, 1st Mate Bob landed his personal best fluke at 4.6 pounds. Bob also broke his personal best quantity at 6 keepers. We fished for two more hours weeding our way thru short fluke to pick up a total of 17 keeper fluke and 2 seabass. Everybody on the boat had a good consistent pick of fish until the middle of the tide, when things went from good to bad. We went on a couple hour dry spell as we bounced from wreck to rubble pile to wreck and back again. Finally we made a single drift inshore along the beach and still couldn't bring up a fish. We stuck it out until the end and packed it in.
 Afterwards, the crew, including Capt. Anthony and his girlfriend, headed to The Ark, a local restaurant / bar, and followed the trip up with a great meal, a few drinks, and more chop busting and laughs to make grown men cry. Simply, another awesome group of guys!

Edit. title too long-Hotrod
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 10:58:28 PM by Hotrod »

Team Luna Sea 3 / Angela Rose
1st Annual Fluke Tourny 3rd Place Winners

2nd NJSWF.com Fluke-a-thon 4th Place Winners

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
 :'(

ahh.. GOOD FOR YOU GUYS!! TT^

I'm glad you guys had a great day and a great trip.  Many more to come.

Ruger314

Nice job guys seemed like a fun day! Congrats sorry couldn't make it.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Heyyyyyyyy ANTKNEE.  Got any boniters biting???   w00t w00t

Good job of putting us onto the fish today Capt.  Tough conditions but you made it work.   
Good boat, good crew, made for a good time! 
I had a blast.
Thanks,
Joe

Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline mikeynnj

• AKA Gilligan
Nice Job Guy's....Looks like you had a great day !!!!!
no one said life is going to be perfect; build a bridge and get over it.

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
boniters ;D ;D ;D

it was an awesome time! regardless of the days conditions it was a great day to fish with friends.
capt. anthony, kevin, and angela rose II all performed like champs! thanks for putting this trip together and it was nice to meet you t^

capt. ed, thanks for putting the dinner plans together. great food and my face hurts from laughing through the whole thing. good times ;D

capt. bob and anthony, it was great  to meet you guys! congrats on your big fluke anthony! and bob, sorry you didn't get that big sea robin today. :P

captains joe and mike, our ships comedians!! thanks for the laughs ;D
There is water at the bottom of the ocean- David Byrne

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
few pics

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
 t^

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
Good Job Capt. ANTKNEE
Congratulations, to Bob and Anthony on your personal bests, awesome job guys. Great Capt., great crew, lots of laughs and all good times. TT^ TT^
Thanks again to Capt. Anthony and Crew it was my pleasure to meet and fish with you guys.
Thanks to NJSALTWATERFISHERMAN.COM for making all of this possible.

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
Hello All,

I will say one thing, I've been on the water all of my life and can not think of a better time that I had.

Capt Anthony not only is a great gentleman but put us on the fish and mate Kevin was there to see to everybody's needs. 

This was the first time I have met most of the group in the charter and will say that everybody was not only fun to be with but great sportsmen as well.

A lot of laugh's  and some good Ba**Busting, got to see some personal bests, and that was worth the price of admission.

I do think that this trip was a fantastic Idea an congrats to Rod (there in spirit), Ed and Anthony for putting it together. It is outings like this that make our sport grow and develops new friends whcih will hopefully last a lifetime.

Plans are already in the works for a Striper outing coming out of Highlands, and I am really looking forward to hosting a fine group of gentlemen.

Again thank you for the trip and the opportunity to make new friends.

Kudos to Hey Yo ANT-KNEE, for an outstanding experience. TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
excellent report...
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: The NJSaltwaterFisherman Deepwater Fluke Trip...3 MORE PERSONAL BESTS BROKEN
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 12:07:01 AM »
Thanks for the great reports guys I wish I was there.

Maybe next time... TT^

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Reel Class

• Sponsor
    • Reel Class website
Nice job boys!  TT^

Capt Allen
Reel Class Charters
Point Pleasant, NJ
www.reelclassfishing.com
(201)248-5281

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
Re: The NJSaltwaterFisherman Deepwater Fluke Trip...3 MORE PERSONAL BESTS BROKEN
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 09:58:05 AM »
btw....if capt. bob brings breakfast you'll have no need to pack a lunch.  TT^

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
 t^

Bet the arteries are still clogged

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
That was one big breakfast sandwich!!!
I just cleaned out the food cooler, and threw out all the food. Han no room in my gut for lunch.

Thanks Capt. Bob for turning me onto the best breakfats/Lunch almost dinner sandwich I ever had. TT^ TT^ TT^

GOOD TIMES GUYS...

Thanks again ANT-KNEE

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 10:57:07 AM »
t^

Bet the arteries are still clogged

the alcohol thinned the blood out!! it all evens out TT^

Offline Capt. Ed

Hi All,

Thanks Capt. and Kevin for a day of laughs, good catching and fun.

Anyone want to charter, call Capt. Anthony. You will not be disappointed!

This is a day I will always remember ... and I didn;t even catch a keeper fish! It was awesome to meet the guys from the board and have Bob (Hareball) and my brother pull personal bests. BTW, the idea of posting "personal bests" is great!

I love the Ark, especially the grilled clams with butter and there great selection of beer. The burgers are pretty good as well.

Guys - please support Capt. Anthony and the Angela Rose. Hardcore fishing and laughs. He is also a site sponsor to boot!

Thanks Capt. Anthony and Kevin,

Capt. Ed

PS - Thanks for coming to the Ark afterwards. It meant a lot to us!

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
 o@ I'm still trying to finish my sambich.  Burpppppp. scuse me.   w00t
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Kevin

• Sponsor
hey , i had a good time meeting all of you , and good fishing with everyone. although fishing wasnt unbelievable, we still managed to pick through the bad weather, and put you guys on fish. thanks to everyones tips! i really appreciated fishing with great captains , and good guys. we should all fish again for some stripers in the fall! tightlines to all!! t^ t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-