Author Topic: Reel Class Fluke 9/1  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Reel Class

• Sponsor
    • Reel Class website
Reel Class Fluke 9/1
« on: September 01, 2007, 06:48:25 PM »
Had Dave Eichen, Shelly McAmmond, Mike Accordino and "Dubya" Push aboard today for a fluke trip.  A hard NNE wind 15-20 and 4-6' seas made us think twice about fishing outside, but I told the guys if it laid down we'd head on out and give it a shot, after starting off in the river.

Started off in the back by Clark's - dead.  Fished the inlet, had a lot of life.  Tons of 12-15" fluke, sea robins, and a short seabass found their way to the boat.  Did a few more drifts in the Will's Hole channel, found slightly bigger fluke in there, with one keeper coming up by Shelly right at 17". 

Finally went outside around 1 PM or so, and did a few long drifts in 40' depths and had a slow pick of shorts, and 1 more keeper by Dave as well as a short seabass. 

Tough go of it today, a lot of action, not a lot of meat.  Boated around 50 fluke, just those 2 keepers.  These guys are a blast and made the day!!

Capt Allen
Reel Class Charters
Point Pleasant, NJ
www.reelclassfishing.com
(201)248-5281

Offline Kevin

• Sponsor
Re: Reel Class Fluke 9/1
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
yeah Allen fishing was sucky today, we had little kids onboard so we couldnt go outside, fluking is definitly slowing down now that they know it september now, as allways good fishing with you again, i guess me and you will be going back to school now :(.

Offline Reel Class

• Sponsor
    • Reel Class website
Re: Reel Class Fluke 9/1
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 07:41:51 PM »
yeah Kevin sad but true on that end.  I worked on my classroom on Thursday -- its the typical bittersweet end to another summer!!!  :-\

Capt Allen
Reel Class Charters
Point Pleasant, NJ
www.reelclassfishing.com
(201)248-5281

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-