Author Topic: Habanaroes  (Read 11882 times)

Offline Mr Limpett

Habanaroes
« on: August 28, 2012, 06:01:33 PM »
So I'm dicing habaneros for chili and of course I know that since I'm not wearing gloves, I need to wash my hands well after handling them. What I forgot was that I had to wash my hands, them place them in boiling water, then take a long swim in a very chlorinated pool followed by a skin peel. Yow, my eye!!!
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
Re: Habanaroes
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 06:35:23 PM »
So I'm dicing habaneros for chili and of course I know that since I'm not wearing gloves, I need to wash my hands well after handling them. What I forgot was that I had to wash my hands, them place them in boiling water, then take a long swim in a very chlorinated pool followed by a skin peel. Yow, my eye!!!

I once grew Habaneros.  I had one plant that yielded one measly little pepper that just looked small and pathetic I grew.  I had a recipe for a sauce that called for a small pathetic amount of Habanero pepper so I thought what better way to use this lonely pathetic pepper.  I went out and picked it, brought it inside, and threw it on the cutting board.  Upon inspection I began to doubt if this pathetic little pepper was even worthy to eat and, by the looks of it, it probably had zero spice to it at all.  That's when I decided to just take a bite out of it to inspect.  My next 2 hours were spent aimlessly running in circles alone in my house after having drank a gallon of milk and at half a loaf of bread screaming and cursing about how that pethetic looking pepper just completely kicked my ass.  It's as if my bodily instinct was to outrun the spiciness in my mouth as I ran room to room.  Any onlooker would have queued up the out of towner Hill theme song immediately while watching me make a buffoon out of myself.

Moral of the story?  Never EVER mess with the lowly pathetic Habanero pepper.  Wear gloves, nuclear industrial gloves, and dilute that sucker down until it's damn near non-existent!   smk smk
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:36:08 PM by Andys Delight »
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Mr Limpett

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 07:16:21 PM »

rofla
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 07:16:31 PM »
Good thing you didn't have to use the bathroom before the swim. cfzd ;D
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Duffman

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 07:18:03 PM »
Funny stuff!  

Sorry, but I can truely laugh at ya! Have had just about everything in my eyes over 25+ years in a shop.  NOTHING stings more than pepper!

Try this bad boy, wiped this accidentally into my eye once......oooofffffaaa!!!.... ;D

Tastes damn good too....used in moderation
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 07:18:31 PM by Duffman »

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 07:57:23 PM »
Spicey beef jerkey got me once. stuck my head in the freezer. It didnt really help but It was better than nothing
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 08:53:45 PM »
Wash hands with baking soda to rid the effects of slicing hot peppers. I never tried it but a friend from Barbados gave me the tip after I told him my hands were tingling for 2 days after slicing a home grown pepper. chrz
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline captainbailey

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 09:59:31 PM »
out of towner hill  rofla

still takes me a minute of  :headscra: sometimes
Z

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 10:26:28 PM »
Had some of those bad boys and gave a bunch to friends. One guy told me after he cooked he cleaned up and put his CONTACT LENSES in to go out for the night.Hours spend in PAIN.
He said he never "urinated the entire evening" rofla rofla. fcp clp

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 01:05:49 PM »
I had some leftover residue from jalapenos from the garden on my hands after chopping em up last summer.  3 hours later and a few washings, I had something in my eye.  Used my finger to get it out and that's when the pain started.  Burned for a few good minutes.  rgmn
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline wimpy

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 01:11:43 PM »
A few remedies-
Milk
Yogart
Cream Cicle

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 03:41:18 PM »
When Jake was little we were in our veggie garden and he picked a Jalapeno pepper. I told him not to eat it, but he give me a look and stuff it in his mouth...........  >:D 20 years later he still gives me that look when I tell him not to do something. Oh well, we learn by our mistakes I guess.

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 03:49:40 PM »
out of towner hill  rofla

still takes me a minute of  :headscra: sometimes

I cracked up when I noticed the censor did that  rofla

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 11:36:32 PM »
Just got that I was wondering who out of towner Hill was
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline captainbailey

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 07:57:25 AM »
The MAN doesn't want any talk of the British sketch comedies around here  smk  TT^
Z

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 09:31:35 AM »
The MAN doesn't want any talk of the British sketch comedies around here  smk  TT^

rofla rofla

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 09:40:24 AM »
 I've cut up jalapenos and touched my eye, but I've done better,,,

In MRE's there are small tabasco bottles with a plastic wrap on the cap. Well, one day i didn't totally remove the wrapper and when i went to put the cap back on the wrapper flicked off my finger and shot a nice sized drop of sauce right into my eye.... Oh-my,, to make matters even worse, this happened while out in the desert, with Gatorade in my canteens instead of water,,,,,,, I jumped sang and danced for about 5 minutes. Think I even taught myself some new choice words that day.
All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 09:49:31 AM »
If you like HOT and I mean HOT Sauce you have to add this to your collection. Predator Hot Sauce is one of the HOTTEST Sauce I ever had, One drop at a time is all you need. Then wipe the tears from your eyes for a couple minutes then take another bite LOL.
Since this is a fishing site it has a Picture of a Great White Shark on the label.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:50:49 AM by Uncle Luna »
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 02:45:17 PM »
The Backing Soda cure is true. It works and neutralizes Acids of all types from Battery to foods. I have a liking to not to hot and spicy. My Neighbors are chines and gave me the Siracha HOT Chili Sauce. Its hot And on a trip to Maryland's  bay areas I came upon The SlAP YA MAMA On Crabs with salt added sprinkled over the crabs your lips will be Numb but to ICE COLD BEER no problem.
Tip On to much heat in your cooking Peel and cut a few potatoes and cook with what ever you over spiced when the Potatoes are well cooked remove eat them if you want I don"t. The potatoes will take away a lot of the heat. Bill    
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:45:56 PM by overbite »

Offline captainbailey

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 02:54:31 PM »
That's rooster sauce! Stuffs great and even approved by Dr. OZ  ;D
Z

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-