Author Topic: trolling barnegat souh ridge drop off  (Read 2551 times)

Offline rugman1234

trolling barnegat souh ridge drop off
« on: September 14, 2012, 05:34:15 PM »
started the morning leaving the inlet at first light was flat and able to motor 30 knots to the light ship buoy in hopes to find mahi hanging around, nosmly,heard from a friend,to come down to the drop off plus 2 miles had albies all over, was in multiple knock downs by myself,took break thought i would toss out some baits for shark since i left a good blood trail for the last 3 hrs,one rod screamed set the hook to a mako airborn twice which broke in the twist of the 2nd jump,so much for the break,trolled back towards the drop off to find more albies, and 1 gar large at that,no other species to be found, did some circles and called it a day,would like to note that a guy fishing close by didnt have birds and it made the differce for me, we trolled the same lures side by side for 1 hr 6 for me him 0 speed made a factor 6.9 to 7.3 mph he counldnt step up  either, well they call me littleman out there, i fish a 19 ft boat and play the weather this trip was9/12/2012 hope to try one more time, tight lines all

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
Re: trolling barnegat souh ridge drop off
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 06:17:41 AM »
 wa  Thanks for the report  t^
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 06:54:37 AM »
 whs
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 03:36:54 PM »
Nice chrz
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Capt. RJ

• Sponsor
  • 53 Spencer
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 11:27:33 AM »
Good trip man, was out yesterday in search of ablie's at the SRR,,,,,,,and came home with quite a few,,,,,it was a good day out there. Congrats on the great catch!!!!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-