Author Topic: Jersey Nutz trip 8/21-8/22  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Capt. RJ

• Sponsor
  • 53 Spencer
Jersey Nutz trip 8/21-8/22
« on: September 24, 2012, 08:56:39 PM »
Well we had a long Fri - Saturday trip. We started out with a little later start then usual for a canyon run, heading out in the afternoon so we could avoid some weather. When we arrived at our canyon we had to really cover as much ground as possible to find the Tuna and had no such luck as the sun began to tuck behind the horizon. So we decided to go on the drift for the night hoping we might float over top of the Tuna, however we once again came up on the latter side of the bet. When the sun began to come up we had a game plan to cover the little patch of water that we had not yet covered, and this time it paid off. We had to work our tail off to find the fish but it all came together as we got some tuna to take our lures but had to call it a day as a front slammed on top of us with 20kt SW winds, and Left the fish biting. We hope to get back on them soon. I am sorry for the blurry picture, I had some one else take it and did not notice that the lens was foggy.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Jersey Nutz trip 8/21-8/22
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:52:03 PM »
Nice trip t^  that pic looks like it was taken in 1970 ;D

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 07:07:06 AM »
 t^ Nice job Men   t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline HookedupND14

• Sponsor
  • Full Member of the Den
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 11:18:17 AM »
Well we had a long Fri - Saturday trip. We started out with a little later start then usual for a canyon run, heading out in the afternoon so we could avoid some weather. When we arrived at our canyon we had to really cover as much ground as possible to find the Tuna and had no such luck as the sun began to tuck behind the horizon. So we decided to go on the drift for the night hoping we might float over top of the Tuna, however we once again came up on the latter side of the bet. When the sun began to come up we had a game plan to cover the little patch of water that we had not yet covered, and this time it paid off. We had to work our tail off to find the fish but it all came together as we got some tuna to take our lures but had to call it a day as a front slammed on top of us with 20kt SW winds, and Left the fish biting. We hope to get back on them soon. I am sorry for the blurry picture, I had some one else take it and did not notice that the lens was foggy.

Pretty Work Capt.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-